Merck Adminstrative Team Support I in West Point, Pennsylvania
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
Under the supervision of Director(s)/Manager(s), performs clerical, administrative, and related duties
EQUIPMENT FOR EXAMPLE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Fax, copier, printer, computer, MVX, teleconference/video equipment, shredder, delivery services, scanner
• Responsible for fundamental administrative/clerical duties requiring analytical ability, independent judgment and problem-solving skills
• Review priorities with management as necessary
• Responsible for mail distribution and collection, phone coverage, copying, scanning, and basic expense reports and/or routine financial disbursements
• Requires basic knowledge of Company policies and practices
• Apply knowledge and understanding of standard operating procedures for the organization and Division, as well as, specialized terminology commensurate with the position
• Interact with internal and external clients
• Transcribe, record, assemble, track, verify, and maintain accuracy of data/electronic records and spreadsheets
• Coordinate regular travel arrangements, basic domestic and international
• Write or answer routine correspondence as directed; i.e., form letters with mail merge
• Maintain daily calendars, i.e., meeting scheduling (internal and external meetings), teleconferencing, video conferencing, accepting on behalf of management
• Ensure accuracy (i.e., proofreading, grammar)
• Maintain databases, general and department or Division specific applications
• Regularly perform independent basic research via basic Internet and Intranet searches used to prepare analysis, presentations, and reports
• Use EZ Buy (order departmental supplies); COMET, prepare routine disbursements, follow up on invoices
• Occasionally travel in the position
• Multitask daily
• Support the HR hiring process in filling open positions on the team
• Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned by the department as needed
• Perform other work as assigned, including work within your classification throughout the bargaining unit
• Assist in HtR and Workday tasks as needed
Education Minimum Requirement:
High School Diploma or equivalent
Required Experience and Skills:
Core skills in the following programs:
• Word processing software (e.g., Microsoft Word)
• Email/calendar/scheduling software (e.g., Microsoft Outlook)
• Presentation software (e.g., Microsoft PowerPoint)
• Spreadsheet software (e.g., Microsoft Excel)
Minimum of 1-3 years administrative experience or equivalent
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
EEOC GINA Supplement at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocginasupplement.pdf
OFCCP EEO Supplement at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of it’s manifestations.
Job MERCK INDEPENDENT UNION
Title: Adminstrative Team Support I
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Requisition ID: MER000333
- Merck Jobs