Farmers Insurance Environmental & Specialized Claims - Asbestos Litigation - Westlake, CA in Westlake, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Under minimal supervision, the Environmental <(>&<)> Specialized Claims Adjuster is responsible for completing investigations relating to various types of large exposure losses throughout all 50 states. Duties include examining claims, confirming coverage, determining liability, establishing damages, providing case status updates and negotiating settlements for assigned cases. Personal contact is essential and can include interaction with various individuals involved in the investigations and processing of claims (e.g. policyholders, claimants, agents, witnesses, state and county agencies, attorneys, medical professionals, etc.). Incumbent may assist with catastrophe claims within an assigned territory, attend arbitration hearings and trials, train Claims personnel, and maintain control of assigned litigated specialty claims. Additional responsibilities include attending litigation conferences, assisting with handling of authority requests during the absence of the Supervisor or Specialty Manager and representing the company from a public relations standpoint.
Essential Job Functions
- Gather all relevant information involving large, high exposure cases and works with various stakeholders to formulate a strategy that results in the best claims outcome.
- Responsible for completing all procedural requirements as outlined in internal procedural manual.
- Apply environmental science knowledge and incorporate causation arguments to liability and damages analysis to formulate a strategy to get the best claims outcome.
- Builds and maintains relationships with insureds, agents and business partners to accomplish the best claim outcomes for every insured.
- Trains and counsels supervisory personnel in area of expertise, participates as an instructor in claims training programs and agent's career schools; monitors quality and adequacy of training programs administered by claims offices
Perform other duties as assigned
Job duties may require some or all of the following physical activities: Bending, pulling, carrying up to 25 lbs, kneeling, walking, key entering and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment, with some exposure to uncontrolled outside en vironmental conditions when in the field; uncontrolled outside environmental conditions, excessive noise levels, chemical/biological conditions, conditions which could affect the respiratory system or skin such as: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, oils, smoke, soot or poor ventilation.
Four-year college degree required, Juris Doctorate preferred. Active adjusters license in states where required Completion of, or actively pursuing a major insurance designation (e.g. CPCU, GCA, AIC).
Minimum of 5 years of prior claims experience. Prior Asbestos Litigation experience is preferred.
Special Skill Requirement
Strong written and verbal skills as well as proven depth critical thinking, judgment and decision making skills.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Environmental & Specialized Claims - Asbestos Litigation - Westlake, CA
Requisition ID: 180006TP