Farmers Insurance Workers Compensation Claims - Westlake, CA in Westlake, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check outfarmers.com/careersand be sure to follow us onInstagramandLinkedIn!
Performs all technical claims activities relating to assigned workers' compensation indemnity claims.
This Workers Compensation Claims role will be located in Westlake, CA office and require someone to be in the commutable distance. Prior Workers Compensation experience is preferred but willing to train. This position can be filled on different levels based on experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Ascertains and verifies employment, and determines if injury arose out of (and during course of) employment.
- Completes workers' compensation status and reserve evaluation on all assigned cases.
- Secures evidence and information by office conference, telephone, correspondence, and by assigning necessary field investigations.
- Contacts employee by telephone, correspondence or in person, and explains workers compensation benefits.
- Determines nature, extent, and duration of disability; reviews with doctors; authorizes medical care and examinations; and maintains medical coordination of all claims.
- Determines monetary value of disabilities, and authorizes weekly indemnity.
- Negotiates settlements within extent of authority, and issues claims drafts or checks in payment of claims.
- Contacts, investigates, and negotiates subrogation settlements on assigned cases.
- Establishes and controls diary for file control.
Maintains adjuster license in states where required.
Bending Pulling Sorting Carrying up to 20 lbs. Pushing Speaking (English) Climbing Reaching Standing Key entering Reading (English) Walking Kneeling Seeing Writing (English)
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment, but with exposure to some or all of the following environments when in the field: Uncontrolled outside environmental conditions Excessive Noise Levels Chemicals Chemical/Biological Conditions Moving Mechanical Parts Areas considered dangerous Conditions, which could affect the respiratory system or skin such as: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, oils, smoke, soot, or poor ventilation.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
None. Must achieve minimum passing scores on all claims training exams.
Special Skill Requirement
- Personal Computer Literate
- Valid driver's license
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Workers Compensation Claims - Westlake, CA
Requisition ID: 2000007V