HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Chaplain PRN in Wichita, Kansas
One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high quality medical services Wesley offers. It includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley medical Center. Wesley medical Center is an acute-care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. as a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patient annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region. Wesley provides the most extensive emergency network in Wichita with the Wesley ER, Wesley West ER, Wesley Woodlawn ER and Derby ER. Founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist church, Wesley has been an HCA facility since 1985. Wesley owns and operates Wesley Woodlawn Hospital and Wesley Children's Hospital.
Wesley is extremely proud to have earned an "A" rating in the most recent Leapfrog Hospital Safety Score report!
To lean more about the Culture at Wesley,click here!
Position Summary: The Chaplain is responsible for providing spiritual care, support and education for patients, their loved ones and staff. S/he has the responsibility to ensure that religious and spiritual needs of patients and their loved ones are met. This may be in the assigned units, while chaplain on duty, or when encountering persons throughout the medical center. S/he is capable of program planning and implementation. S/he identifies opportunities and makes recommendations for continuous improvement of processes and services on an ongoing basis. The Staff chaplain reports to the Director of Pastoral Care and Education.
- Provide pastoral care, support and education for patients, their loved ones, and for the medical center staff who care for these patients
- Support an interdisciplinary approach to pastoral care
- Participate in team meetings and rounds as appropriate
- Serve on institutional committees
- Participate in the CPE program according to ACPE standards in a collaborative manner with department ACPE supervisors - serving as presenter of didactics, as mentor to individual students, and model of a staff chaplain
- Participate in maintenance and submission of appropriate records for the department,Wesley Medical Center, and accrediting and certifying agencies
- Facilitate the work of and consult with clergy and religious leaders
- Participate in the department's plan for continuous quality improvement
- Contribute to the wider community through publication, teaching, and research as appropriate
- Plan and/or participate in programs and administrative activities of the department and Wesley Medical Center
- Participate in continuing education events to maintain professional standing
Required Registration, Licensure or Certification * Endorsement by faith group or endorsing body of faith group * Eligible for Board Certification by the Association of Professional Chaplains, the National Association of Catholic Chaplains, or the National Association of Jewish Chaplains Preferred Registration, Licensure or Certification * Ordination, Licensure, Commission or Consecration by faith group * Board Certified by the Association of Professional Chaplains, the National Association of Catholic Chaplains, or the National Association of Jewish Chaplains Required Education or Experience * Master's degree in theology or related field * Minimum of four units of Clinical Pastoral Education Preferred Education or Experience * Master of Divinity degree Required Knowledge and Skills * Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively * Demonstrated accepted clinical pastoral care competencies * Knowledge of accepted pastoral care and education standards and practice * Ability to work in crisis situations * Ability to function with Microsoft Windows and Outlook Preferred Knowledge and Skills * Understanding of Palliative Care and related communication skills * Ability and experience in spiritual care with pediatric patients and caregivers
Job: *Pastoral Care & Chaplaincy
Title: Chaplain PRN
Location: Kansas-Wichita-Wesley Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00323-19522