HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Informaticist in Wichita, Kansas
_Clinical Informaticist_ _Wesley Medical Center_ * * We are seeking a _Clinical Informaticist _for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now! * We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
* * * *One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley Medical Center is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high quality medical services Wesley offers. It also includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is an acute care center, level I trauma center and licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region! Wesley Healthcare owns and operates Wesley Medical Center, Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER, Wesley Children’s Hospital, Wesley West ER, Wesley Derby ER and multiple WesleyCare clinics.
Wesley Woodlawn, a campus of Wesley Medical Center, provides patients with convenient access to expert heart care, surgical care and emergency services. Our 82-bed facility provides world class medical care while promoting wellness, healthy lifestyles and community health education programs and screenings.
Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER earned a national Excellence in Patient Care award from the Studer Group for a second consecutive year for its overall emergency department patient satisfaction scores, ranking in the 90th percentile nationally.* * * The Clinical Informaticist will provide visionary leadership and direction for comprehensive nursing informatics program at the facility level. * * Major Responsibilities:
Strategy • Provide feedback to division on facility-level roll-outs and initiatives
Delivery and operations • Collaborate with stakeholders to develop and implement new clinical systems or programs to enhance existing services and raise the standard of care for the patient population served
• Collaborate with IT&S colleagues to ensure standardization and application of best practice models
• Represent nursing interests in partnerships with clinical, operational, and IT colleagues to translate clinical needs into information system needs
• Support clinical workflow and dataflow analysis to support technology development and deployment
• Collaborate with Clinical Education personnel to ensure nurses are trained appropriately on new technologies and technology updates * * Perfomance accountability • Track effectiveness and impact of new and upgraded technologies
• Monitor performance of information systems from a clinical perspective (e.g., employee engagement) to recommend changes, upgrades, and new systems
Provides support by: • Coordinating across facility to ensure federal and state program requirements for quality, safety, electronic health records and payment models * * * * * If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today! *
_Qualifications_ * Bachelor's degree * Master's degree preferred * 1 year(s) of experience in clinical practice * 3 years of experience in leadership with oversight of clinical informatics initiatives Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience * Informatics Nurse preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors: • Expert knowledge of clinical systems that support operational efficiencies as it relates to clinical informatics enterprise initiatives • Knowledge in the use, development, and deployment of electronic health records and other information systems • The ability to use database software to enter, retrieve, sort, and filter information as necessary for reporting or report generation. • The ability to use intermediate/advanced features of spreadsheet software to analyze data including formatting summary tables, creating graphs and charts, and making calculations
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Clinical Informaticist
Location: Kansas-Wichita-Wesley Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03174-85059