HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Manager of Diagnostic Imaging in Wichita, Kansas
_Manager of Diagnostic Imaging_ _Wesley Medical Center_ * * We are seeking a _Manager of Diagnostic Imaging _for our hospital to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now! * We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
* * * *One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley Medical Center is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high quality medical services Wesley offers. It also includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is an acute care center, level I trauma center and licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region! Wesley Healthcare owns and operates Wesley Medical Center, Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER, Wesley Children’s Hospital, Wesley West ER, Wesley Derby ER and multiple WesleyCare clinics.
Wesley Woodlawn, a campus of Wesley Medical Center, provides patients with convenient access to expert heart care, surgical care and emergency services. Our 82-bed facility provides world class medical care while promoting wellness, healthy lifestyles and community health education programs and screenings.
Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER earned a national Excellence in Patient Care award from the Studer Group for a second consecutive year for its overall emergency department patient satisfaction scores, ranking in the 90th percentile nationally.*
Plans, organizes, and coordinates the daily operations of the Imaging departments. Assists with workflow as necessary. In collaboration with other Cardiovascular/Imaging managers, performs the duties of the director in his/her absence. Provides a variety of administrative- related functions including responsibility for the operational management of Imaging Services departments.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt technique/treatment to age of population served, including newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients, while providing care/service with respect to cultural differences and spiritual needs.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of staff-level positions
- Interviews and hires new personnel, coordinates orientation and training of new staff, and takes special cause action when necessary
- Develops and reviews staff position descriptions, orientation, and annual competencies
- Facilitates the operations of diagnostic and therapeutic equipment to ensure safe care for patient of all ages, from newborn through geriatric; recognizes equipment malfunctions and initiates maintenance and repair to ensure a safe environment for patients and employees
- Provides leadership to staff, and serves as a liaison to employees, physicians, and the Department Director
- Implements policies and procedures as outlined by Wesley Medical Center and the Imaging department
- Analyzes monthly operations budget to maintain operations within established budget
- Monitors productivity daily and weekly, utilizing the appropriate software
- Evaluates equipment for purchase consideration
- Works closely with the Director and the Medical Director in the development, implementation, and evaluation of: quality assessment activities, staffing, equipment, facility needs, continuing staff education, department and hospital policies and procedures, and capital and operating budgets
- Assures compliance of all state and federal guidelines established to meet standards of all regulatory agencies
- Utilizes computer systems relating to all functions of the position, including, but not limited to, supply ordering, budget needs, and communications with other areas of the facility
- Documents employee schedule, timekeeping records, staffing requirements, and department statistics
- Assists with active directory processes of the PACS System
- Provides training for new PACS users and refresher training for PACS users as needed
- Serves as liaison to all departments of the medical center and with entities outside of the medical center
- Assesses, processes, and generates ideas for performance improvement
- Supports interdisciplinary approach to process improvement while maintaining individual accountability
* * * If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today! *
*- *Current registry by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists - Current certification as a Radiologic Technologist by the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts - Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology - Five years of technical experience in an Imaging Department - Bachelor's degree - Progressive management experience in an Imaging Department - Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively - Computer skills
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Manager of Diagnostic Imaging
Location: Kansas-Wichita-Wesley Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00323-21200