HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Occupational Therapist Temporary in Wichita, Kansas
If you are an Occupational Therapist and would enjoy working with an interdisciplinary team in an acute care setting, join our team in Rehab Services at Wesley Medical Center! Wesley Medical Center is a teaching hospital which is a Primary Stroke Center, Total Joint Accredited and a Level 1 Trauma Center.
Wesley Healthcare encompasses the most experienced and comprehensive medical services and facilities in Kansas, from Level 1 trauma coverage and a comprehensive emergency network to state-of-the-art surgery services and our new Wesley Children's Hospital. Tens of thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma choose Wesley healthcare to meet their needs. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high-quality medical services we offer. it includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works for Wesley Healthcare. It is our objective to provide the highest level of quality care and customer service and to exceed the expectations of our patients and their family members. Improving the patient experience isn't just a catchphrase among HCA facilities. it's the focus of every employee, every day!
We are extremely proud that Wesley Medical Center and Wesley Woodlawn Hospital has earned an "A" rating in the most recent Leapfrog Hospital Safety Score report! In addition, Wesley Medical Center has been named to the Leapfrog Group's annual list of the nation's top hospitals. Wesley is one of just 98 hospitals in the country - and the only one in Kansas - to be recognized in their study which measures hospital performance on patient safety and quality/./ / / To learn more about the Culture at Wesley,click here!
//Position Summary: The Occupational Therapist evaluates and treats patients, and consistently modifies Occupational Therapy programs to decrease or eliminate pain and/or dysfunction, utilizing different methods of treatment based on diagnosis/injury.
- Evaluates and teats patients, and consistently modifies Occupational Therapy programs to decrease or eliminate pain and/or dysfunction, utilizing different methods of treatment based on diagnosis/injury
- Develops and implements a written treatment plan based on the interpretation of the assessment to include measurable goals relative to the patient's age specific needs and diagnosis
- Communicates verbally with the patient, family, physicians and other health care staff regarding the nature of the patient's disability, treatment plan, safety issues and expected outcome of the patient
- Provides discharge planning and a written discharge summary for the patient who will be continuing rehabilitation service at another facility
- Documents all patient related activities in a manner that is thorough, clear, timely and allows for easy retrieval of information and is consistent with medical center policies and procedures
- Supervises Occupational Therapy, Occupational Therapy Assistant students during their clinical affiliations and provide formal and informal education sessions to patients, families, physicians, health care staff, students or any other group requesting information on topics within the scope of practice
- Monitors compliance with all applicable laws and regulations promulgated by the government or other third parties
- Assists the organization in incorporating the guiding principles into its education practices and in creating an environment responsive to change
- Contacts physicians and office staff to promote Rehab Services and Wesley Medical Center
- Consistently meets established productivity requirements
Required Registration, Licensure or Certification * Current Occupational Therapy licensure in the state of Kansas * Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy Required Education * Bachelors of Science in Occupational Therapy Required Knowledge and Skills * Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, verbal and written * Teamwork skills * Demonstrated knowledge of principles of growth and development over an individual's life span
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Occupational Therapist Temporary
Location: Kansas-Wichita-Wesley Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00323-19513