HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse RN Cardiac Cath Lab PRN in Wichita, Kansas
If you are a Registered Nurse who is passionate about cardiology, join our team of professionals in the Cardiovascular Cath Lab at Wesley Woodlawn Hospital!
Wesley Woodlawn, a campus of Wesley Medical Center, provides patients with convenient access to expert heart care, surgical care and emergency services. Our 82-bed facility provides world class medical care while promoting wellness, healthy lifestyles and community health education programs and screenings.
Wesley Woodlawn earned a national Excellence in Patient Care award for a second consecutive year from the healthcare performance improvement firm Studer Group. The hospital was selected based on its overall emergency department patient satisfaction scores, which were in the 90th percentile nationally.
To learn more about theCulture at Wesley Woodlawn, clickHERE!
The RN Cardiovascular Lab is responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care for the department specific patient population in accordance with the standards of nursing care and practice as defined by Wesley Woodlawn Hospital and the Kansas Nurse Practice Act. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes. Supports the organization vision and mission. Utilizes knowledge of patient's age and cultural diversity in the provision of patient care. Contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt technique/treatment to age of population served, including newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients, while providing care/service with respect to cultural differences and spiritual needs.
- Delivers patient centered nursing care in accordance with standards of care defined by Wesley Woodlawn Hospital
- Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice by participation in quality of care activities to initiate, implement, and sustain process improvements
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge in nursing practice and education
- Monitors the patient's progress toward attainment of outcomes
- Contributes to the professional development of peers, colleagues, and others
- Collaborates with the patient, significant others and health care providers in providing and advocating for patient care
- Considers safety and cost effectiveness when delivering patient care
- Decisions and actions on behalf of patients are determined in an ethical manner
- Participates in the improvement of operational functions of the department
- Establishes and maintains effective and respectful communication in development of all collaborative relationships
- Evaluates and participates in opportunities for outstanding service to all customers and accepts responsibility in partnership that is equally respectful to everyone
- Ability to utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify, interpret and access appropriate resources in patient specific scenario(s)
- Secures, administers, and handles medication according to established guidelines
Required Registration, Licensure or Certification * Current, licensure in the State of Kansas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) * Current Basic Life support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy * Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) verification course, within allotted time frame, as specified in policy * Successful completion of Wesley Dysrhythmia Exam within allotted time frame, as specified in policy Required Education or Experience * Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing * Previous critical care nursing experience Preferred Education or Experience * Bachelors of Science in Nursing * Previous cardiovascular nursing experience Required Knowledge and Skills * Ability to utilize the nursing process in the provision of nursing care including, but not limited to, administering treatments and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other health care providers and providing education to patients and/or significant others * Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively * Possess personal computer skills * Ability to multi-task, delegate, and prioritize * Possesses problem-solving and critical thinking skills
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse RN Cardiac Cath Lab PRN
Location: Kansas-Wichita-Wesley Woodlawn Hospital %26 ER
Requisition ID: 26330-18680