HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room in Wichita, Kansas
_Wesley Medical Center, Wichita, Kansas_
One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas!Wesley Medical Centeris the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high quality medical services Wesley offers. It also includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is an acute care center, level I trauma center and licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region! Wesley Healthcare owns and operates Wesley Medical Center, Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER, Wesley Children’s Hospital, Wesley West ER, Wesley Derby ER and multiple WesleyCare clinics.
What Wesley Can Offer You· Training and Professional Development · Tuition Reimbursement and Loan Forgiveness · 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure) · Employee Stock Purchase Plan · Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance · Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts · Financial Fitness Program with a CFP
- What you can expect as an RN in Emergency Services*
- Responsibleforthedeliveryofpatientcarethrough the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Responsiblefordirectingandcoordinatingallnursingcareforthedepartment-specific patient population in accordance with the standards of nursingcareandpracticeasdefinedbyWesley Medical Center and the Kansas Nurse Practice Act.
- Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensureeffectiveandefficientpatientcaredeliveryandachievementofdesired patient outcomes.
- Supports the organization vision and mission.
- Utilizesknowledgeofpatient’s age and cultural diversity in the provision of patient care.
- Contributes to the provision of quality nursing care throughperformanceimprovementtechniquesthatdemonstratepositive outcomes in patient care.
SHIFT: 7p to 7a * Required Registration, Licensure or Certification o Current Licensure in the State of Kansas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) o Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy o Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) upon hire or after hire pending enrollment in first available course o Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) upon hire or after hire pending enrollment in first available course o CTAS upon hire or after hire pending enrollment in first available course o Dysrythmia upon hire or after hire pending enrollment in first available course * Required Education or Experience o Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing * Preferred Education or Experience o Previous nursing experience * Required Knowledge and Skills o Ability to utilize the nursing process in the provision of nursing care including, but not limited to, administering treatments and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other health care providers and providing education to patients and/or significant others o Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress environment o Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively o Possess personal computer skills o Ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize o Possess problem-solving and critical thinking skills
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room
Location: Kansas-Wichita-Wesley Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00323-20367