HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Manager Med Surg in Wichita, Kansas
_RN Manager Med Surg_ _Wesley Woodlawn Hospital and ER_ _ _ _For more than 100 years, Wesley Healthcare has provided exceptional care to thousands of families in Wichita and throughout Kansas and Northern Oklahoma._ _ _ As the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma, Wesley provides access for our patients to receive comprehensive care from the most experienced physicians in Kansas. Our patients’ preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high-quality medical services we offer. It includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at our facilities. * * * *As a leader in overall recommended care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies each year, more than any hospital in a 13-state region. Additionally, Wesley provides the most extensive emergency network in Wichita with the Wesley ER, Wesley Derby ER, Wesley West ER, the Wesley Woodlawn ER and the region’s only pediatric ER just for kids.**
*Founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church, Wesley has been an HCA facility since 1985. Wesley Healthcare owns and operates Wesley Medical Center, Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER, Wesley Children’s Hospital, Wesley West ER, Wesley Derby ER and multiple WesleyCare clinics.*
The Nursing Manager provides leadership through planning, organizing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the care provided for patients in individual units. Responsibilities include fiscal, human resource, risk management and operational functions. The Manager contributes to strategic planning and program development and maintains 24 hour accountability. The Manager performs delegated duties and functions within the philosophy and overall scope of responsibility. The Manager displays positive support for the values and mission of Wesley Medical Center.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt technique/treatment to age of population served, including newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients, while providing care/service with respect to cultural differences and spiritual needs.
- Promotes the delivery of patient -centered nursing care in accordance with standards of care defined by Wesley Medical Center
- Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice by participation in quality of care activities to initiate, implement, and sustain process improvements
- Maintains current professional knowledge, acts as a role model/resource, and oversees direct nursing care to patients
- Establishes and maintains effective and respectful communication in development of all collaborative relationships
- Ability to utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify, interpret, and access appropriate resources in patient specific scenario(s).
- Secures, administers and handles medication according to established guidelines
- Accountable for the assessment and evaluation of staffing patterns for proper utilization of personnel, according to patient acuity levels
- Investigates, documents and resolves complaints or incidents concerning patients, visitors, physicians and staff
- Plans, participates in, and enforces hospital life-safety, quality, and risk management policies, procedures, and standards of regulatory agencies
- Oversees the development and implementation of goals and objectives for the department
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, orientation and evaluation of staff performance
- Accountable for all department specific records and certifications, as required
- Consistently operates unit within established fiscal guidelines
- Oversees the improvement of operational functions of the department
_Qualifications_ _ _ * Current Licensure in the State of Kansas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) * Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy * Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within allotted time frame, as specified in policy * For Managers in 60910 and 61310 - Successful completion of Dysrhythmia Exam within allotted time frame, as specified in policy * Bachelor's degree in Nursing * Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing * Three years supervisory experience _Required Knowledge and Skills_ * Ability to utilize the nursing process in the provision of nursing care including, but not limited to, administering treatments and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other health care providers and providing education to patients and/or significant others * Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively * Possess personal computer skills * Ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize * Possess problem solving and critical thinking skills * Acute care experience
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: RN Manager Med Surg
Location: Kansas-Wichita-Wesley Woodlawn Hospital %26 ER
Requisition ID: 26330-20944