HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Sterile Processing Tech in Wichita, Kansas
HCA has been recognized as a/World’s Most Admired Company/in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry byFortune Magazine.The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCAoperates and jointly owns with physicians 130 surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which meansNO nights, NO weekends, or On-callwill be required.**The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team! __
A few of the benefits we provide you:
* Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Program
* Full Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance
* 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
* New Extended Family Leave and PTO
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
* Employee Discount Program
* * Operational Duties:
- Demonstrates knowledge related to maintenance, cleanliness, and sterilization of instruments and equipment. Maintains a sanitary environment for the provision of patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of high level disinfection and sterilization of endoscopy equipment. (Maintains daily log, testing for efficacy of disinfecting solution with each cycle, performs biological tests and completes log, as per facility policies).
- Monitors and records all test loads and sterilization cycles; reports any deviation from normal functioning to OR Coordinator or Nurse Manager.
- Maintains accurate records for PM’s for equipment; reports any deviation from normal functioning to OR Coordinator or Nurse Manager.
- Tests operational efficiency of Instrumentation prior to reprocessing and reports problems to OR Coordinator Nurse Manager.
- Monitors all instrumentation for proper sterilization prior to releasing for use.
- Performs required quality controls e.g. Bowie Dick, DART, Biological Monitoring, Disinfecting Solution Efficacy Testing, Test Strips.
- Understands concept of “short cycle” and it is appropriate to use to sterilize and/or disinfect instruments for immediate use.
Education: * * * Training in basic aseptic technique and sterile processing. Experience: * * One year experience in surgical instrument sterilization processing; preferably in an acute care or ambulatory surgery center environment. *Certification/License: * * Valid BCLS Certification upon employment*online certification not acceptable. * Certification in Central Sterile Processing preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Clinical Techs - CV Cath Lab Surg Vasc & Central Sterile
Title: Sterile Processing Tech
Location: Kansas-Wichita-Surgicare Wichita
Requisition ID: 07346-21676