Hilton Executive Sous Chef - Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino in wide, Aruba
An Executive Sous Chef is responsible for all food planning, preparation, production, and control for all food outlets and banquet facilities, to meet Hilton’s
standards of quality.
What will I be doing?
As Executive Sous Chef, your main duties include assisting the Executive Chef to hire, train, supervise, schedule and participate in activities of chefs, cooks, and other personnel involved in preparing, cooking and presenting food in accordance with productivity standards, cost controls, and forecasts needs.
Assist the Executive Chef to listen actively and communicates clearly while interacting with customers to promote food products and directing staff activities. Analyze feedback from clients and team members, make judgments and take action to implement suggestions for improvement. Maintain working rapport with all hotel staff for efficient operation and service to the customer. Organize and conduct meetings with the culinary team.
Monitor team performance, product quality and production flow; foster continuous improvement where necessary.
Assist the Executive Chef to create and implement new menus and individual menu items for all outlets based on current food trends and regional tastes. Invent menu selections for special banquet themes and parties in accordance with client budgetary guides and expectations. Confer with the F&B Director regarding any new selections and changes.
Assist the Executive Chef to Audit food storeroom items and direct items to maintain consistent quality products that ensure adherence to all health code requirements. Enforce safety procedures and cleanliness standards throughout kitchen(s) including walk-in and reach-in boxes.
- Assist Executive Chef in estimating annual food budget.
- Dine at local restaurants to observe the latest trends in food presentation/pricing.
- Monitor outlets during peak periods to oversee production flow and presentation.
- Maintain vacation schedule for proper staffing.
- Report any equipment in need of repair or replacement to Property Operations.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as VIP parties and staff meetings
What are we looking for?
An Executive Sous Chef serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Strong Executive Sous Chef Experience
- Approaches food in a creative way
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Excellent planning and organising skills
Required Education, qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor Degree in Culinary Arts
- Years of experience 3-5
- Strong managerial experience and skills
- Health Department Certificate
- Food Safety and Sanitation Certificate
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends and official holidays
- Thinking ability on a Bachelor’s degree level
What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
At Hilton, our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
Sun, a breeze, white sands, lush palm trees - welcome to your tropical getaway at Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino. Bliss out at the beachfront spa, sip a daiquiri by two sparkling pools, and dine under the stars. Play the tables at the casino, or learn to scuba dive. Whether you're here for a wedding or family vacation, our amenities and resort activities ensure it's a memorable stay.
- 357 rooms with exceptional views and 15K sq. ft. of flexible meeting space
- Wi-Fi included with each stay
- Located in the heart of the Palm Beach Strip
- Private balcony or patio in every room
- Beachfront full-service eforea Spa
- 2 large pools, waterfalls and freshwater lagoon
- Kids Club, playground and family friendly activities
- Casino with table games, slot machines and tournaments
Title: Executive Sous Chef - Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Requisition ID: HOT057RO