Farmers Insurance Accounting Summer Intern in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers! *
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check outfarmers.com/careersand be sure to follow us onLinkedIn!
Prepares and maintains general and subsidiary ledgers, financial records; prepares financial statements and reports for assigned companies; analyzes and interprets accounting records
This position is a summer paid internship. Work will be completed within normal 7:30am to 5pm business hours.
Essential Job Functions
* Reconciliation of bank and general ledger accounts. Identifies adjustments, corrective action, and prepares documentation in support of the reconciliation. * Prepare and analyze financial statements, various reports, and financial records for assigned books of business or companies. * Prepares, processes, and validates recurring and miscellaneous accounting entries (journals/payments). * Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers and records for assigned companies.
* Prepares reports and statements for various state and regulatory filings for assigned companies. * Assists in the financial analysis of special projects and ad-hoc requests.
Eligible to graduate within a one year period and currently working towards a degree in accounting or a similar degree that would allow the individual to sit for the CPA exam upon graduation.
Highly proficient in Excel
- Familiar with and ability to utilize various formulas and functions
- Ability to create and manipulate pivot tables
- Visual basic skills a plus
- Good oral and written communication skills
Works well in a team environment
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Strategic Management & Administration
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Accounting Summer Intern
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 1900098E