Farmers Insurance Agile Development Team Member IV in Woodland Hills, California
- We are Farmers! *
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check outfarmers.com/careersand be sure to follow us onInstagramandLinkedIn!
Job Summary *
Agile Dev Team Members have collective responsibility for the design, development, testing and/or deployment of system functionality. Provides guidance, mentorship and training to a direct reporting staff of Agile Dev team members. Agile Dev Team Member IV with primarily a development discipline provides technical feasibility using a range of coding methods and adheres to coding standards to ensure consistent style and format. Ensures systems are architecturally sound, high in code and component quality, and are easily modified to support future requirements with support and little to no guidance of more senior developers or architects. Agile Dev Team Member IV with primarily a testing discipline ensures the end product meets the business acceptance criteria and non-functional requirements. Define and execute tests early, often, and at multiple levels depending on their level of experience. Based on their business products, processes and system knowledge, they provide broad and deep level of thinking for exceptions and other unexpected ways users may interact with systems. Utilizes intermediate testing techniques and tools.
Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrates customer needs by interpreting into viable solutions and contributes significantly to the system design.
- Effectively breaks down features and write and refine user stories, including clear and accurate acceptance criteria.
- Execute Test-Driven (TDD) and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) to build in quality.
- Performs broad and detailed impact assessments relating people, processes and/or technology to evaluate work.
- Supports implementation activities, troubleshoot user/system environmental issues and training.
- Supports the business in building a Lean Business case and breaking epics into features.
- Identify and raise issues and risks with functional design and offer alternative solutions.
- Works with the Product Owner to confirm the code and acceptance tests reflect the desired functionality.
Agile Dev Team Member IV with primarily a development discipline:
- Codes instructions for computer programs/objects/components in multiple applications; configures packaged software.
- Provides expertise in the solution design and functionality of business applications.
- Reviews and validates application technical design of team members to ensure alignment with business needs and best practice architecture principles.
- Analyzes and evaluates existing manual and computerized systems/procedures to improve efficiency.
- Researches and develops techniques for automation.
- Documents and implements programs according to installation standards and conventions.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations on the need for system backup, security, restart/recovery, balancing controls and recommends approaches for meeting such needs.
- Analyzes and documents the requirements and approaches to data conversion and data modeling.
- Quality checks program code, related objects and documentation.
- Delivers working code each sprint.
Agile Dev Team Member IV with primarily a testing discipline:
- Analyzes system and business requirement for testability by utilizing advanced testing tools.
- Develops, documents, executes and maintains test cases and test data.
- Identifies complex errors that occur in application testing and analyzing results to trouble shoot and execute root cause analysis.
- Reports the status of the test plan execution through defect logs and defect tracking system.
- Conducts audits to ensure test planning and execution adheres to standards and guidelines.
- Defines advanced test plans needed to achieve appropriate level of coverage.
- Demonstrates ability to write test cases describing business behavior to facilitate automation and train others.
- Contributes to the overall test strategy.
- Provide input in the development of application quality and testing standards and best practices.
- Mentors junior team members in test planning and execution tools and techniques.
- Participates in key ceremonies to drive execution, improve flow and ensure transparency.
- Provides guidance to junior team members, when needed.
- Plans work via the preparation for and participation in Program Increment (PI) Planning and Sprint Planning, which includes developing and committing to Team PI Objectives and Sprint goals.
- Demonstrate working code to Product and Business Owners and supports the Product Owner in the execution of the iteration and PI System Demos.
- Actively participates in the Sprint Retrospectives and Inspect Adapt to timely discuss opportunities for improvement and are responsible for carrying out the execution of improvement stories.
- Participates in Daily Stands-ups to assess progress toward sprint goals and raise impediments.
- Participates in on-going and scheduled Backlog Refinement sessions.
- Demonstrates ongoing thirst for knowledge and a desire for continuous improvement.
- Actively seeks out development opportunities to further develop T-shaped skills and become a more cross-functional contributor.
- Creates an environment where knowledge and best practices are shared and fosters a culture of continuous learning and relentless improvement.
- Practices continuous exploration, continuous integration and continuous deployment necessary for building the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and implementing DevOps.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of current state and seeks out opportunities for improvement.
- Conducts research, design, prototyping and other exploration activities which fosters innovation and builds alignment between the customer need and what is delivered.
- Offers and implements innovative ideas within multiple areas of focus.
- Actively participates in Agile Dev Team Member Community of Practice (CoP) and builds a cooperative spirit and elicits maximum participation from each group member.
- Encourages group members to take ownership of the process and the outcomes.
- Able to plan and conduct CoP sessions.
- Effectively manages the communications and action items resulting from the sessions.
- Participates in other CoP, where appropriate.
- Assists others in leading the CoP session, as needed.
Sits or stands for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Occasionally reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Occasionally moves, lifts, carries, and places objects and supplies weighing 0-10 pounds without assistance. Listens to, interprets, and differentiates auditory information (e.g. others speaking) at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Visually verifies and reads information. Visually locates material, resources and other objects. Ability to operate a computer for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate keyboard and other office equipment up to a full work shift.
This position operates in an open office working environment which will include normal and customary distractions, noise, and interruptions.
*Education Requirements: *
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- SAFe Practitioner or SAFe Agilist Certification within 180 days of hire required.
- SAFe DevOps Certification preferred.
*Experience Requirements: *Minimum 1 year as a Agile Dev Team Member III or 7 years in a related field required.
/Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce./
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Agile Development Team Member IV
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 190008U5