Farmers Insurance Application Test Specialist III – Claims Financial Data Application Test Specialist in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Develops test plans to include Test Scenarios, Objectives, test Cases and data, as well as quality criteria and measurement techniques; validates acceptance criteria and ensures application adheres to quality and functional requirements; provides guidance on the development of test plans and usage of testing tools to Levels I and II Testing Specialist; oversees workflow and work distribution within testing area and meeting of departmental service levels; reviews test results and performs root cause analysis and troubleshooting to address issues; conducts in depth analysis of testing processes and methodologies and develops new/revised standards, as necessary.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops, documents, executes, and maintains technical test Cases and test data; Utilizes testing tools, as required.
- May include Integration, System, Regression, Performance / Stress / Volume.
- Analyzes system and business requirements for testability Reports status of test plan execution through defect logs / defect tracking system.
- Ensures that acceptance criteria are met.
- Assists with resolution of environmental issues; supports application development, implementation, and user training activities, as required.
- Analyzes Test Results; assists with troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis; validates system design.
- Develops test plans, including test scenarios, test objectives, quality criteria and measurement techniques.
- Supports the Configuration / Change Management groups, as necessary, to ensure smooth transition of code through the lifecycle.
- Assists in training of other Testing Specialists.
- Oversees workflow and work distribution within testing area; coordinates activities to meet service levels.
- Validates acceptance criteria for testing phase; maintains knowledge of business unit processes / products to ensure application adheres to functional and quality requirements.
- Provides guidance on the usage of testing tool and development of test Scenario, test Objective, and test Case to Levels I and II Testing Specialists.
Participates in depth analysis and development of new or revised standards, methodologies, and processes within Testing; develops training material, as necessary.
*Education Requirements: *High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
*Experience Requirements: *
Level III: 4 years of experience in various application testing capacities or 2 years as Technical Testing Specialist Level II.
- Strong understanding of mainframe application development, maintenance and testing.
- Strong understanding of data integration and ETL methodologies with Informatica Power Center.
- Strong expertise with advanced SQL on Oracle / DB2 / Microsoft SQL Server.
- Proficient in COBOL, Eztrieve, QMF/SPUFI, BETA91, CA7, ENDEAVOR or similar version control tools.
Experience in working with multiple SI partners and an onsite-offshore model.
Special Skill Requirement:
Good written and oral skills on local language.
- Experience in Shell Scripting on UNIX operating systems and automation, preferred.
- Experience with reporting tools like Tableau or Business Objects is a plus.
Financial Services / Insurance domain background, preferred.
/Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce./
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Application Test Specialist III – Claims Financial Data Application Test Specialist
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 190001O8