Farmers Insurance Application Test Specialist IV in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Defines the overall testing strategy and manages all related activities for application technical testing; participates in preparation of proposals and action plans and leads implementation of any new processes and tools, as required; develops quality criteria and measuring techniques, validates system acceptability and makes project stop/go recommendation to management; recovery actions and / or process changes, as necessary; oversees workflow and work distribution within testing area and ensures that service levels are met; interfaces with business and various IT groups involved in building the application and ensures satisfactory resolution of issues; provides in-depth training on testing processes, methods, and tools, as necessary.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops, documents, executes, and maintains technical test Cases and test data; Utilizes testing tools, as required.
- May include Integration, System, Regression, Performance / Stress / Volume.
- Analyzes system and business requirements for testability.
- Reports status of test plan execution through defect logs / defect tracking system.
- Ensures that acceptance criteria are met Assists with resolution of environmental issues; supports application development, implementation, and user training activities, as required.
- Analyzes Test Results; assists with troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis; validates system design Develops test plans, including test scenarios, test objectives, quality criteria and measurement techniques.
- Supports the Configuration / Change Management groups, as necessary, to ensure smooth transition of code through the lifecycle.
- Assists in training of other Testing Specialists.
- Oversees workflow and work distribution within testing area; coordinates activities to meet service levels.
- Validates acceptance criteria for testing phase; maintains knowledge of business unit processes / products to ensure application adheres to functional and quality requirements.
- Provides guidance on the usage of testing tool and development of test Scenario, test Objective, and test Case to Levels I and II Testing Specialists.
- Participates in depth analysis and development of new or revised standards, methodologies, and processes within Testing; develops training material, as necessary.
- Defines the overall testing strategy and manages all technical testing activities; participates in preparation of proposals, action plans, as required.
- Makes project stop/go recommendations to management; recommends recovery actions/process changes, as needed.
- Develops and documents quality criteria and measuring techniques, as required.
Provides in-depth training on test tools, as necessary.
*Education Requirements: *Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience.
*Experience Requirements: *Level IV: 6 years of experience in various testing capacities or 2 years as a Technical Testing Specialist Level III.
Special Skill Requirement
May require occasional travelling.
- May require some weekend availability due to software release schedule.
- Good written and oral skills in local language.
- Ability to critically analyze requirements through User Stories and authored detailed test cases/scripts from these.
- Responsible for helping to determine and provide testing estimates (story points)
- Able to analyze status reports and metrics as well as utilize them to make testing and process decisions.
- Proven ability to work effectively in an offshore model.
- Familiar with and experience in using testing tools (including automation tools) such as: Rally, Selenium and Jenkins.
- Understanding of Business Insurance/Commercial insurance preferred but not required.
- Experience with Agile, specifically SAFe methodology (either Leading or Practitioner certified) strongly preferred.
/ Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. /
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Application Test Specialist IV
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 19000009