Farmers Insurance Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse Analyst in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check outfarmers.com/careersand be sure to follow us onInstagramandLinkedIn!
Data helps drive our Personal Lines business at Farmers Insurance. Our business leverages data to access key metrics to measure our growth and profitability, drive decisions about future products, and identify ways to uplift and measure our customer experience in our Auto, Home and Umbrella lines of business. It is critical for Farmers Insurance to have the right team managing the data to ensure quality, availability, and completeness. We are looking for an experienced data analyst to help support our business needs by delivering the data needed to move our strategy forward. This data analyst will be responsible for a portfolio of projects that impact the Enterprise Data Warehouse and downstream Data Marts. They will need to understand business requirements and how they impact our strategy, the prioritization, the translation into technical requirements and oversee the development and testing. The analyst won’t just deliver projects – as a bridge between business and IT, the analyst will be required to deliver solutions, perform analysis, anticipate needs, drive efficiencies, and identify new opportunities to provide business users with the data to generate insights and analytics faster.
Essential Job Functions
- Work under the direction of the Personal Lines BI Director on the successful delivery of multiple concurrent BI release projects prioritized by Marketing, Product, R&D, Pricing, Finance, Distribution, and Actuarial teams.
- Partner with business users to gather & document business and functional requirements.
- Develop and maintain project estimates, design documents/specifications, data dictionaries, and source to target mappings for ETL development and testing.
- Set and independently manage delivery targets per expectations.
- Develop complex SQL Queries to support project delivery, business inquiries, root cause analysis, and ad-hoc reporting requests.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Subject Matter Experts to understand complex insurance domains, data landscape, and architectures.
- Oversee end to end project delivery, providing technical leadership to project teams and regularly communicate the status of key updates, risks, and issues to the manager.
Identify and act on opportunities to improve efficiency and pace within the team.
Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
3 years of experience in a Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse/ETL Data Analyst (techno-functional) role, including familiarity with Inmon/Kimball/Star Schema methodologies.
- 1 years of experience leading a team of ETL developers both on and offshore.
- Experienced in facilitating in-person and remote meetings/working sessions with business & IT resources.
- Experienced in the effective management of multiple competing and frequently changing assignments and priorities.
- Comfortable with DW/BI concepts and terminology.
- Experience in P/C Insurance Industry is a plus, not required.
- Programming experience with one or more of R, Python, or SAS, preferred.
- Hands-on experience with cloud platforms and data warehouse technologies (AWS, Azure, Snowflake, Google Cloud, etc), preferred.
- Hands-on experience with big data technologies Spark, Hive, HBase, Parquet, Hadoop, HDFS, map-reduce, etc., preferred.
- Hands-on experience with data visualization and BI tools like Tableau and Looker, preferred.
Experience working in an Agile environment, preferred.
Special Skill Requirement
Strong understanding of data warehousing basics and concepts.
- Strong understanding of relational database technologies (IBM DB2, Oracle).
- Strong analytical skills (able to read/write complex SQL queries to analyze data, investigate defects, validate data quality, etc.).
- Experience with ETL tools and technologies (Informatica or similar).
- Proven track record of delivering/leading data projects to high business satisfaction.
- Basic understanding of cloud platforms and data warehouse technologies (AWS, Azure, Snowflake, Google Cloud, etc).
- Exposure to Data modeling – dimensional and relational modeling.
- Experience with data visualization and BI tools (Tableau, Business Objects).
- Strong oral, written communication and presentation skills – be able to present information to managers, team members, IT Partners, managers, and business partners.
- Ability to prioritize among competing opportunities, balance team needs with business priorities, and articulate the rationale behind decision.
- Effective critical thinking, problem-solving skills with the ability to explain complex concepts/issues in simple terms to assist with solutions and root cause analysis.
- Collaborative mindset to work with multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to identify and appropriately escalate issues and risks to management for direction.
- A creative, collaborative thinker with an ability to learn new things, assess problems and identify proactive solutions quickly.
Quick learner and self-starter with the ability to absorb new information to support existing and new initiatives.
/Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce./
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse Analyst
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 190008K2