Farmers Insurance Cloud Security Engineer in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Farmers Information Security is a great place to learn and grow as an information security professional.
We are looking for a talented Cloud cyber security professional to help maintain the security of our Cloud-based platforms. The successful applicant will have a passion for the security discipline and a willingness to learn fast.
Essential Job Functions
This role will be a key member of the Cloud Security Team, responsible for defending Farmers Insurance and our customers from cyber security threats. The team’s responsibilities include:
* Designing, implementing, and securing solutions for IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS technology including AWS, Azure, and GCP resources.
* Automating enforcement of Cloud compliance policies.
* Developing policy and documentation for security best practices for technologies new to the company.
* Identifying, investigating and responding to cyber threats, incidents and anomalies.
* Identifying and prioritizing security vulnerabilities in our environment, and helping to drive remediation. * Making recommendations for necessary changes to our security controls to address emerging security threats. In addition to maintaining to the security of our Cloud-based platforms, this role will be focused on contributing to the team’s larger cybersecurity efforts.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors Degree in Information Systems or related discipline preferred.
We are looking for someone with 2-4 years of information security work, with substantive experience working with cloud-based platforms. We’re also willing to consider a candidate with substantive experience administering cloud-based platforms and a passion for the security discipline. Other requirements:
* Ability to apply a risk management lens to complicated technical issues, and make recommendations about how to reduce risk.
* Intellectual curiosity about cyber security issues. You read cyber and technical blogs and websites to stay current on industry trends and emerging risks.
* Flexibility. The duties of this role will likely evolve based on the interests and capacity of the individual hired.
* Understanding of a broad range of security technologies and how they work, not necessarily all of the details.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical audiences.
* Problem solving skills. You're focused, driven and can get challenging projects across the finish line.
Experience in one or some of the following areas is preferred but not required: * AWS, Azure or GCP services and/or an understanding of how Cloud infrastructure works. * Terraform or other Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools. * Software development. * Functional knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python, PowerShell, etc.). * PaaS platforms such as Salesforce or Heroku. * Investigating cyber incidents. * Operating and trouble-shooting security tools (SIEM, endpoint agents, WAF, etc.). * Vulnerability analysis and patch management. * Log collection and analysis. * Threat intelligence and risk assessment.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Cloud Security Engineer
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 1900062A
Other Locations: United States-Michigan-Grand Rapids, United States-Texas-Austin