Farmers Insurance Commissions Calculations & Reporting Analyst in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
This is an exciting time to join the Data Team in the Farmers CDO (Chief Data Officer) Organization, where we work on high-profile and high-impact cross-functional projects that are very rewarding. The ideal candidate will support the Agency Commission Calculation & Reporting Team in the areas of solution design and ongoing support.
Consider joining our team if you are passionate about Data, enjoy problem solving, and working with like-minded IT and business professionals.
Provides expertise in the design and functionality of business applications; Understands customers’ business processes and products and how best they can be supported by the application systems; Reviews and validates the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements; Performs quality review checks on project deliverables; Validates suppliers estimates; Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system; Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality; Specifies / recommends integration and parallel testing criteria; Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting system environmental issues, as required.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs impact analysis and provides solution design for the Agency Commissions Calculations and Reporting application across various components.
- Liaises with business stakeholders to understand requirements / pain points and comes up with solution recommendations.
- Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality and validates suppliers’ estimates.
- Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting system environmental issues, and training.
- Plans production data loads and verifies completion timeliness and accuracy.
- Handles production incidents by leading impact and resolution analysis with various teams.
- Supports root cause documentation and implements lessons learned.
- Recommends enhancements to existing processes and automation of processes to increase efficiency.
- Effectively communicates and documents production issues for management and business.
- Prepares management reporting materials.
Collaborates, plans, and coordinates various production activities with internal on/offshore, business, and downstream teams.
*Education Requirements: *Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience.
Minimum 3-4 years of experience in IT application analysis, design, development, and/or testing.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in IT application operation support, workflow management, or similar role.
- Experience independently planning, leading, and overseeing multiple concurrent assignments .
- Experience planning and leading software and infrastructure upgrades.
Experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Special Skill Requirement
Good written and oral skills in local language.
- Detail oriented, quick learner, self-starter.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to independently manage multiple concurrent assignment.
- Ability to articulate technical issues, root cause, and remediation plans in layman’s terms.
- Experience in a P&C Insurance organization, preferred.
Experience with IBM ICM, Varicent, or similar incentive/compensation management & reporting tools. preferred.
HR Title: App SME II
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Commissions Calculations & Reporting Analyst
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 18000A4L