Farmers Insurance Configuration Management Specialist III in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Provides Configuration Management support for the application version control; configures and manages system environments and installs software on Build machines; manages application Source libraries and support development team in troubleshooting Build issues and ensuring smooth transition of the code through the life cycle; validates new third party software, identifies and implements procedures to streamline the Build process; recommends techniques for automating processes and documents the proposed processes and systems; monitors the work of junior staff to ensure it meets standards.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides basic Configuration Management support for the application software baseline control
- Builds application components using various compilers; migrates components; promotes application code using version control tool; communicates
- Build status Creates Staging areas and synchronizes objects across environments
- Performs back up of Build machines and Staging areas, as required
- Tracks and maintains software Change Requests, as assigned
- Configures and manages system environments, e.g., Development, Test, Production, Maintenance Develops and maintains Build environments; installs and configures software on Build machine(s);
- Manages application components database
- Manages application Source libraries and ensures code version maintenance; synchronizes source code using version control tool;
- Audits migrated code, as necessary
- Perform off schedule
- Builds to support development and production, as required; troubleshoots and documents
- Build issues Defines and implements procedures for releasing products through the product life cycle
- Key Tasks for Position Level-III, in Addition to the Above: Identifies and implements procedures to streamline the Build process; recommends techniques for automating processes; documents the proposed processes and systems Validates new third party software and client images, as applicable Monitors the work of junior staff to ensure it meets standards, specifications and efficiency Creates version control projects for new or parallel development environment Key Tasks for Position
- May assist Application Development group in making choices for source code management systems and other development and testing tools.
- Performs final evaluation of packaged software
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience or certifications
- 5 years’ Experience as a configuration management professional .
- 3 years as DevOps SME with tools like GitHub, Jenkins, puppet, chef.
- Proficient in Shell/Perl Scripting.
- Proficient in Linux and Windows Operating System.
- 2 years of Cloud technology either AWS or AZURE.
- Minimum knowledge on .Net, Java, mainframes, and other development technologies.
- Exceptional communication skills, Project management skills are a plus.
Special Skill Requirement
- May require occasional travelling
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Able to give information on statuses and passively participate in team meetings
- Understands routing business conversations and written communicates and is able to communicate with few errors.
- Composes reports with almost no grammatical errors and can communicate proficiently.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Configuration Management Specialist III
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 1900015K