Farmers Insurance Data Privacy & Information Governance Lead in Woodland Hills, California
*We are Farmers! **
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check outfarmers.com/careersand be sure to follow us onInstagramandLinkedIn!
As a Data Privacy and Information Governance Lead, you will lead and implement the enterprise privacy program that addresses data governance and consumer privacy rights. This leader will partner with other leaders and colleagues across various business units to promote data privacy and information governance principles, define and monitor policies, implement systems and processes and oversee consumers privacy rights expectations.
- Work with the Privacy Director and Privacy Counsel to provide privacy guidance and support to various departments
- Conduct privacy impact assessments of programs, systems, products, and services
- Maintain privacy-related notices, policies, standards, guidelines, and processes.
- Administer privacy training and awareness campaigns for various groups within the company
- Assist with administering annual privacy risk assessments, data mapping activities, etc.
- Assist in responding to privacy-related internal, customer and public inquiries
- Develops priorities for privacy related employee learning and training and communication needs
- Work closely with other functional managers and team leads to facilitate communication, collaboration, and a positive corporate culture
- Ability to understand business units’ needs and challenges and help assess risk related to business units’ processes; work to problem solve without being overly restrictive
- Embody the ethics and promote positive culture of Privacy throughout the organization
- Bachelor degree and 4 years of experience working as a privacy and/or compliance professional
- CIPP certification(s) or working toward certification preferred.
- Experience with implementing domestic privacy programs
- Experience with incident response management
- Experience with design, building, implementing and operationalizing privacy and data protection controls
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Knowledge of legal, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and privacy frameworks (e.g., CCPA, US state breach notification requirements, NY DFS)
- Experience communicating with different types of audiences both internally and externally
Essential Job Functions
Develops business requirements through analysis on business activities, industry trends and sponsor requests. Works with business leader to define project scope Performs impact analysis of business process changes/enhancements across the organization Understands customers objectives, processes and products in order to make educated recommendations Oversees Business Requirement gathering and analysis Acts as liaison between Business Sponsors and IT staff Supports application testing, implementation, and training activities Mentors/supervises lower level peers on project tasks by managing the daily and long term work efforts of assigned staff for a particular segment of work Performs quality review checks on project deliverables
*Physical Environment *
*Education Requirements **
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent relevant work experience.
Sound understanding of insurance loss, expense, growth and efficiencies
Special Skill Requirement
Demonstrated ability to partner successfully with cross functional technical and business teams Established executive presence Analysis of data, processes, patterns and trends and overall business risk *
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Legal & Compliance
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Data Privacy & Information Governance Lead
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 2000007K