Farmers Insurance Director, Connected Initiatives in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
- Creates and directs execution of Personal Lines strategic Connected initiatives through coordination with vendor and key stakeholders (Marketing, R&D, Legal, IT, etc.) and ensures all efforts align with Farmers’ Connected strategy.
- Leads all aspects of the Connected offerings and influences the vision and strategy for Connected programs.
- Champions and implements changes to ensure stated goals are met.
- Monitors competitive initiatives and identifies best practices to initiate change to ensure Farmers has a compelling offering to agents and customers in order to fulfill our Connected data strategy.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee all facets of Connected initiatives from business case to implementation and evaluation.
- Takes risks, evaluates outcomes and creates effective solutions for the enterprise.
- Takes ownership in evaluating next generation technology in the Connected space.
- Crafts the future development in these areas aligning brand, technology and deployment strategies.
- Researches and identifies competitive Connected landscape and industry; champions tactical and strategic reaction in response to changes in environment.
- Coordinates with corporate stakeholders (Legal, Agency Comm, Marketing, R&D) to ensure cohesive initiatives and delivery of Connected initiatives.
- Communicates developments across the organization including daily interaction with senior executives.
- Employs creative problem solving to continuously improve the business processes within the stages of Connected.
- Identifies technologies which will enhance Farmers’ products or customer experience and delivers on integrating them into Personal Lines.
- Leads staff of professionals and matrix team. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with ten years insurance experience industry or master's degree with five years insurance industry experience.
- Minimum 7 year’s experience in a leadership role with demonstrated market leadership in insurance management role.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of Connected products (home and/or auto). Knowledge of industry trends and future technologies to shape strategy.
- Experience in product management and vendor management.
Special Skill Requirement
- Ability to lead/manage others.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities.
- Possesses strong technical aptitude - Experience running and designing pilots and A/B testing.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and senior executives.
- Demonstrated analytical skills. Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take manageable risks.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Strategic Management & Administration
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Director, Connected Initiatives
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 180006KE