Farmers Insurance Director of PMO in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Directs the prioritization and delivery of multiple programs and resources. Responsible for managing an entire department and the associated budget. Manages relationship with top business management as the key driver of strategic plan for build out of business system capabilities. Implements IT governance Accountable for delivery of work from all suppliers for multiple programs, including risk, quality, change management, schedule, and financial management. Accountable for work orders/cost estimates to/from suppliers and user acceptance. Manages achievement of SLA with suppliers. Oversees communication, escalation, and financial impact management, when SLAs are not met.
Essential Job Functions
- Be responsible for managing a portfolio of program and projects in support of our Personal Lines portfolio.
- Act as the primary owner and point of contact for all facets of technology project delivery focused on on-time, on budget, on scope and on schedule delivery.
- Work closely with other department PMO leaders, Sponsors etc. to define, prioritize and develop plans which will drive delivery excellence
- Be an advocate of change and rapidly respond to changing priorities
- Provide leadership to a team of senior Program Managers
- Identify and analyze project risks, dependencies across the Personal Lines portfolio
Stay abreast of emerging project management and technical changes
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
6 years in IT environment, including 3 years in program management experience delivering large IT programs and/or IT portfolios comprised of multiple complex projects spanning across large enterprise.
- Experience managing large budgets
- Experience with PPM tools and demand planning or resource management tools
- Strong leadership and execution skills
- Experience extending or modifying methodologies - Agile experience a plus
Ability to move seamlessly between strategic and tactical
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Director of PMO
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 180002FI