Farmers Insurance Enterprise Architect Director – Business Architect in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
The role of Enterprise Architect (EA) Director works hand in hand with the Chief Architect across the enterprise, lead the business architecture initiatives of all business lines, business capability model, and business processes.
The Director, Enterprise Architecture helps establish the Business-outcome-driven enterprise architecture, IT strategy, translates strategic intent into actions that bring about business and technology change. This role is one of a leader who understands the insurance domains, understands how information technology enables these business domains, and is able to guide in business and technology changes needed to transform the business. The role focuses on business strategy and targeted business outcomes — clarifying strategic intentions; identifying business outcomes; exploring implications, impacts and risks; and addressing stakeholder questions.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to influence stakeholders throughout the organization, will have in depth experience in business change initiatives having a significant technology component, and will be an innovative self-starter who is able to translate business needs into attainable plans. This individual will be able to understand the complexities of the organization, processes, information, and technologies then built future-state models to best realize the organization strategy. This individual will be able to act autonomously and actively bring forward ideas and recommendations to further the success of company and the Strategy and Enterprise Architecture area. The Enterprise Architect director works with all business technology stakeholders—both leadership and subject matter experts—to build a holistic, technology agnostic view of the organization's strategy, business processes and information assets. The candidate takes this knowledge and ensures that the Business and IT strategies remain in alignment. The Architect’s role is to link the business mission, strategy, and processes of the organization to its IT strategy, and document this using architectural models that show how the current and future needs of an organization will be met in an efficient, sustainable, agile, and adaptable manner.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for delivering signature-ready, actionable recommendations to business and IT leaders, so they can adjust policies and projects to achieve target business outcomes.
- Responsible for translating client business requirements into specific systems and business processes designs.
- Responsible for creating business capability model for P&C insurance that will adequately support the enterprise.
- Responsible for the IT capabilities roadmap and IT strategy.
- Responsible for leading or supporting EA activities that create deliverables that guide business models, people, process, organizational change, and investments in response to disruptive forces and toward achieving targeted business outcomes.
- Responsible for leveraging technology to enable the organization's future-state business capabilities, which can enable or alter business processes or practices that, in turn, drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
- Must be capable of practically applying existing, new, and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models.
- Must be able to understand, monetize and operationalize new technologies.
- Responsible to develop deliverables that are valuable to the business, including business capabilities, business requirements and workflow.
Responsible for facilitating the construction of business models, which may include business capabilities, functions and processes and organization design, as well as working collaboratively with business strategists, process owners and subject matter experts.
Education Requirements:Four (4) year degree in Computer Science, Science, business or related Field;
MBA, Master's degree preferred. Architecture, and/or process improvement certifications preferred.
Experience Requirements: The Director of Enterprise Architecture should have over 10 years of experience in enterprise and business information system architectures, new and emerging technologies, project management, and application design and development.
Special Skill Requirement
Proven ability to align with stakeholders and provide architecture directions
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and develop associates
- Insurance industry experience
- Experience with large, complex and multi-disciplinary projects
- Experience overseeing and managing third-party vendor solutions
- Ability to build and sustain effective working relationship – both internally and externally
- Experienced at creating and implementing applicable technology standards across all disciplines to achieve maximum business benefit
- Adept at applying process management and continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Strong collaboration, communication, people leadership and coaching skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong oral/written communication skills and presentation skills
- Strong influencing, relationship and change management interpersonal skills
- Excellent strategic thinker and ability to build teams
- Experience with contract negotiations & management
- Alignment with Company mission, values and culture
Transformational and systems integration background and experiences
(Internal Title: Senior IT Consultant)
/Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce./
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Enterprise Architect Director – Business Architect
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 1800030J