Farmers Insurance Finance Analyst II - Business Operations, IT Finance in Woodland Hills, California
*We are Farmers! **
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Assists in development of project budget, allocation of IT costs to projects, and preparation of financial reports; validates invoices against agreed upon contracts, ensures proper authorization and transactional support, and processes payments; follows internal control procedures and provides support for financial audits; maintains knowledge of corporate accounting policies and standards.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists in development of the annual budget(s) using controlling tools.
- Supports preparation of financial reports, including research & analysis of Actual and Forecast variances
- Assist in allocation of IT costs to the business units for IT services and prepares reports, as required
- Prepares variance reports (metrics and expenses) for billing between IT units
- Validates invoices against agreed upon contracts; processes payments
- Maintains knowledge of corporate accounting policies & standards; ensures proper authorization and transactional support (contracts, invoices, etc.), adhering to all published schedules
- Provides support for financial audits ; liases with Group IT Finance to synchronize planning, processes, and schedules
- Oversees preparation of the monthly actual and forecast reports across multiple business units; reviews the annual GIT budget, with supporting schedules and variance explanations
- Monitors expenditures for all business units; ensures costs stay within budget; communicates with Business towards successful resolution of issues; implements effective internal controls
- Works with Group Finance, Treasury & Tax to minimize risks; recommends solutions as, required Provides financial consultancy on projects (price model, business case, tax considerations, etc.)
- Proactively presents financial analysis to business management to ensure a full understanding of the financial position and expenses
- High school diploma or equivalent required with 5 years’ experience in accounting or finance.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in accounting or finance
- Understanding of project life cycle flows
- IT Finance prior experience preferred
Special Skill Requirement
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Proficiency with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior experience project financial tracking
Knowledge of SAP
- * Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Finance Analyst II - Business Operations, IT Finance
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 190003QE