Farmers Insurance Financial Data Application Developer II in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Codes and unit tests instructions for computer programs and performs analysis to ensure efficient use of computer resources and that the program specifications are met; recommends appropriate changes as necessary; provides documentation for the written programs according to the standards; works with business and responds to Production Support issues as required; conducts preliminary estimates (Rough Order of Magnitude) for the level of effort to add to/make changes to application functionality; analyzes and makes recommendations on the need for system backup, security, restart/recovery, balancing & controls, as well as data conversion, and recommends approaches for meeting such needs.
Essential Job Functions
- Codes instructions for computer programs/objects/components; configures packaged software; tests and implements all changes to ensure they meet specifications. Documents and implements programs according to installation standards and conventions.
- Quality checks program code, related objects and documentation.
- Responds to Production Support issues.
- Works with business as required.
- Analyzes programs to ensure that they efficiently use computer and storage resources; recommends appropriate changes as necessary.
- Conducts preliminary estimates / Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort of new/change to application functionality.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations for the need for system backup, security, restart/recovery, balancing & controls; recommends approaches for meeting such needs. Analyzes and documents the requirements and approaches to data conversion and data modeling.
- Analyzes and documents the requirements and approaches to data conversion and data modeling.
Peer reviews and ensuring the coding standards and best practices are followed.
*Education Requirements: *High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree pre ferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
*Experience Requirements: *
Experience with mainframe application development, maintenance and testing.
- Experience with COBOL, Eztrieve, CA7/Autosys/similar job scheduling tools, ENDEAVOR/similar version control tools.
- Experience with SQL and Oracle packages/procedures.
Experience in working with multiple SI partners and an onsite-offshore model.
Special Skill Requirement
Good written and oral skills in local language.
- Shell Scripting on UNIX operating systems and automation, preferred.
Financial Services / Insurance domain background, preferred.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Financial Data Application Developer II
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 190001O9