Farmers Insurance Financial Data Application Subject Matter Expert III in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Provides high level of expertise in the design and functionality of business applications; Understands the business objectives and how best they can be supported by IT; Responsible for the conceptual design of business applications; Reviews and validates the technical design for business applications provided by the supplier; Performs quality review checks on project deliverables; Validates suppliers estimates; Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components; Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude to implement new application functionality; Specifies / recommends integration and parallel testing criteria; Supports the implementation activities, as required; Mentors lower level colleagues.
Essential Job Functions
- Is responsible for the conceptual design of business applications Mentors lower level colleagues.
- Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system.
- Specifies / Recommends Integration and Parallel testing criteria.
- Understands customers’ processes and products and how they fit within the goals of the business unit.
- Reviews and validates the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements; Validates suppliers estimates.
- Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality.
- Performs quality review checks on project deliverables.
- Acts as liaison between Business and IT, as assigned.
- Supports users in building Business Case, including cost / benefit analysis, risk assessment, project scope, and development of a high level plan.
Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting system environmental issues, training as required.
*Education Requirements: *High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
*Experience Requirements: *
Level IlI: 5 years of experience in application development / testing or business / system analysis role or 1 year of experience as an Application SME Level Il.
- Strong expertise with data integration and ETL methodologies with Informatica Power Center.
- Strong expertise with advanced SQL on Oracle / DB2 / Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with application integration and middleware.
- Experience with reporting tools like Tableau or Business Objects.
- Financial Services / Insurance domain background.
- 2 years of Technical Lead experience.
- Experience in working with multiple SI partners and an onsite-offshore model.
Should have basic project management skills.
*Special Skill Requirement: *
Good written and oral skills in local language.
- Experience with development projects focusing on Reinsurance, preferred.
- Experience in solution architecture, preferred.
- Experience in data modeling, preferred.
- Experience in Perl/Shell Scripting on UNIX operating systems, preferred.
Proficient in ETL and SQL application tuning, preferred.
HR Title: App SME III
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Financial Data Application Subject Matter Expert III
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 190001O7