Farmers Insurance Head of Commercial Auto in Woodland Hills, California
The Head of Commercial Auto is responsible for the development of additional auto product features and capabilities which drives product growth and profitability for Business Insurance.
Essential Job Functions
- Accountable to manage long and short range rate and price strategies for the business insurance auto product in order to achieve profit goals.
- Monitors business insurance auto product performance by market and develops action plans to improve performance.
- Accountable for development of product enhancements and new product offerings. Development includes pricing, coverage and underwriting strategy.
- Accountable to monitor book and industry trends and make corrective changes when required to maintain growth and profit positions.
- Analyses product mix and design to gain a competitive advantage and drive product growth.
- Designs forecasting models to anticipate changes in the market.
- Line of business expert on auto product related inquiries.
- Develops and delivers change management efforts for the introduction of new or enhanced products. This includes training, communication and field interaction.
- Accountable to ensure that products meet needs of customers (insured) and agents.
- Accountable for staff development and training.
- Accountable to manage budget through expense control.
- Responsible for ensuring insurance rules and regulations are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Accountable for development of underwriting guidelines and rules in conjunction with pricing and exposure control (limits profiles and cat mitigation programs).
- Acts as project sponsor for innovation efforts related to business insurance auto product lines which include process and technology.
- Develop future leaders for Business Insurance and the organization.
Establish an environment that promotes teamwork, camaraderie and employee retention.
Four year college degree
Insurance education such as CPCU or related courses.
5 years leadership experience with large operations
- 10 years Business Insurance industry experience preferably with underwriting and/or field management experience
Experience managing/developing a senior group of managers, underwriters and operations / service center personnel.
Special Skill Requirement
Role requires a thorough comprehension of business insurance and its key disciplines and processes including insurance products, coverages, underwriting guidelines, servicing needs, etc.
- Must be skilled and knowledgeable in relationship management and communication with key business executives.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of Farmers internal and external business partners.
- Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and issues.
- Creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
Ability to achieve results by taking a proactive long-term view of business goals and objectives.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job: *Strategic Management & Administration
Title: Head of Commercial Auto
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 1900030J