Farmers Insurance Informatica Cloud Developer in Woodland Hills, California
*We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Codes and unit tests instructions for computer programs and performs analysis to ensure efficient use of computer resources and that the program specifications are met; recommends appropriate changes as necessary; provides documentation for the written programs according to the standards; works with business and responds to Production Support issues as required; conducts preliminary estimates (Rough Order of Magnitude) for the level of effort to add to/make changes to application functionality; analyzes and makes recommendations on the need for system backup, security, restart/recovery, balancing & controls, as well as data conversion, and recommends approaches for meeting such needs.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage day to day development activities on the ETL platform.
- Support the creation of customizations and integrations required to solution delivery.
- Apply best practices and experience to build ETL informatica applications.
- Develop estimates for projects.
- Work closely with other developers in the team, business analyst, QA analyst and project managers.
- Research ETL capabilities as needed to suit business requirements, and provide gap analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
- Certified Informatica Developer
- Minimum 3 -5 years of application design and development experience with Informatica ETL tool.
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing in unix shell scripting, SQL and Autosys.
- Experience developing solutions and supporting projects from requirements gathering to release management.
- Experience integrating Informatica (cloud preferred) with other applications(especially Salesforce).
- Manage multiple assignments and deadlines.
Special Skill Requirement * A minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience designing and developing Informatica ETL tool ( IICS – informatica cloud experience preferred). * A minimum of 2 years of experience in Unix shell scripting, SQL(Postgres & Oracle knowledge is preferred) and Autosys scheduling. * Experience working directly with business users to collect and synthetize needs, and negotiate requirements to account for functionality, speed to market, and level of investment. * Desired: Experience in data integration with Salesforce. * Desired: Experience working on Agile teams (Scrum). * Additional: Experience in developing Business Intelligence applications (e.g., OBIEE, MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Tableau Server, Salesforce Einstein Analytics - preferred). * Additional: Experience developing on the Salesforce Platform. (Internal Title: USFIT02 - Application Developer II)
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Informatica Cloud Developer
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 190001VS