Farmers Insurance IT Application & Monitoring Tools Admin in Woodland Hills, California
At Farmers Insurance, our employees set the tone, drive our strategy, dream of the future, and create world-class customer experiences. Our employees also help make Farmersone of the largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses in the United States.If you want to make a positive impact on customers and communities, take a look at what working at Farmers could mean for you.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for self-motivated individuals with an IT Technical background looking to grow and bring their skills into our Enterprise Monitoring Solutions team. In the role, you will be responsible for providing an end-to-end view of the health of IT services across Farmers. This team develops and executes the enterprise-wide monitoring strategy by combining multiple monitoring platforms with industry best practices to deliver integrated solutions to our IT and business partners.
This role will provide a career growth opportunity for the next couple of years to get into Enterprise Engineering. We are looking for someone who has the desire to learn, be challenged and grow to be an added value to the team.
The Journey of Your Role
- Learn the day-to-day administration of enterprise monitoring platforms (i.e. Splunk, AppDynamics, Tealeaf, etc.)
- Learn various technologies and applications pertinent to Farmers Insurance Group such as SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, Cloud, Distributed and Mainframe.
- Engage with application and infrastructure teams to gather monitoring requirements
- Review and standardize existing alerts across multiple monitoring tools
- Document external and internal processes
- Participate in process improvement initiatives
- Create standardized technical documentation
- Coordinate alert suppression rules for scheduled maintenance / downtime
- Review, categorize, and prioritize incoming work items
- Perform daily morning validation activities for monitoring platforms and engage relevant teams to coordinate remediation of any observed issues What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
- Proven ability to multi-task and deliver results within tight timeframes
- Organization skills and the ability to self-motivate
- A passion for process improvement
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships in a highly diverse environment
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly as well as allowing mentorship for the success of the role
- Prior Experience including, not limited to: o Good understanding of IT systems and technologies o Experience in process documentation and improvement o Experience in fields such as Service Desk, Desktop Support, Application Development, or related. Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: IT Application & Monitoring Tools Admin
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 200000LL
Other Locations: United States-Michigan-Grand Rapids