Farmers Insurance IT Finance Controller I or II in Woodland Hills, California
*We are Farmers! **
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
- Develops the IT annual budget and obtains sign-off by budget owners
- Prepares IT cost allocations to the business units for IT services and any assigned financial reports
- Monitors expenditures for assigned services, ensuring compliance with corporate policies
- Identifies ways to automate processes, increasing efficiency and accuracy
- Reviews financial implications of new system initiatives and prepares financial analysis reports in support of new projects.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops the annual budget(s) for IT, utilizing controlling tools and ensuring adherence to the schedule
- Obtains full understanding and sign- off by budget owner
- Prepares assigned financial reports, including variance analysis and explanations
- Prepares IT cost allocations to the business units for IT services
- Ensure compliance with any SLA Monitors expenditures for assigned services, ensuring compliance with corporate policies
- Reviews financial implications of initiatives, ensuring availability of budget; prepares financial analysis reports in support of new initiatives & projects
- Identifies ways to automate processes, minimizing manual intervention and increasing efficiency
- Assists in development of the annual budget(s) using controlling tools
- Supports preparation of financial reports, including research & analysis of Actual and Forecast variances
- Assist in allocation of IT costs to the business units for IT services and prepares reports, as required
- Prepares variance reports (metrics and expenses) for billing between IT units
- Validates invoices against agreed upon contracts
- Processes payments
- Maintains knowledge of corporate accounting policies & standards
- Ensures proper authorization and transactional support (contracts, invoices, etc.), adhering to all published schedules Provides support for financial audits
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Level II: 2 - 3 years of IT Finance Controller experience
- Level I: 1-2 years as Financial Controller Level I
- Experience developing relationships with the business
- Experience working with forecasting, variance analysis, and project approvals
Expertise in MS Excel, PowerPoint and SAP
- * Special Skill Requirement
Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Able to take part in meetings and discussions and give information about own area of expertise.
- Composes reports with almost no grammatical errors and can communicate proficiently.
Candidate qualifications may be reviewed against the requirements for the associated levels of this position's core function.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: IT Finance Controller I or II
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 19000714