Farmers Insurance Mid-Level Android Developer in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check outfarmers.com/careersand be sure to follow us onInstagramandLinkedIn!
Farmers insurance Mobile team is looking for a mid/ senior Android developer to help us with the development of best-in-class mobile apps from solution design to delivery. The candidate will be working as part of our team driving, designing, creating and maintaining components of our Android application, utilizing languages as Kotlin and Java. Some of the key current projects are full UI redesign, large new feature like photo scanner, etc.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and support Farmers portfolio of customers facing mobile application.
- You collaborate on hands-on mobile architecture, design and development work.
- You write code in Java and Kotlin following Material design and Engineering best practices.
- Conduct code reviews as part of our Git Workflow.
- You will advocate for performance and questioning the status quo.
- You will collaborate with other developers, architects, business analysts and product owners.
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents complex applications.
Utilize TDD practices to ensure delivery of high quality code with low rates of production defects
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
5 years of experience in application development / testing or business / system analysis role or 1 year of experience as an Application SME Level III
- 3 years experience in developing Android App. (Java and Kotlin)
- Experience in writing UT and UIT.
- Kotlin, RX Java, Dagger, Retrofit, Git
- Knowledge of MVVM design patterns
- Experience in performing code and design (architectural and UI) review.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with the team.
- You can demonstrate the reasoning and explain technical trade-offs to business stakeholder.
- Experience consuming Web APIs (REST & SOAP)
Understanding of Backend technologies is big plus: Node.js, HTTP, REST and SOAP, scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Perl)
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Mid-Level Android Developer
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 190008WH