Farmers Insurance New Markets Project Manager in Woodland Hills, California
*We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
- Manages commercial insurance programs with multiple projects, phases or work streams with the support of additional project teams.
- Will have Project Managers reporting up to them within a matrix reporting structure.
- Responsible for managing the overall execution of multiple new, fast-paced, diverse, critical, programs from project initiation and business case development through implementation primarily focusing on quality, cost, and schedule.
- These programs involve significant return and risk to the company, have approved budgets (IT and business combined), include multiple functions/departments, involve major IT efforts, impact agents and customers (directly or indirectly), contain complex business, legal or regulatory issues.
- This position requires daily interaction with executives with a focus primarily on facilitating issue resolution and timely decision making. Additionally, interaction with personnel in all areas of the company is required.
Essential Job Functions
- Integrates all team members and departments to ensure they are cooperating and working together to execute the program.
- Measures results in minimizing conflicts among team members and the capability of the team to pull together and support each other's efforts as required Forms project teams, including its reporting/organizational structure, and defines roles and responsibilities for each of the team members.
- Develop and construct project plans.
- Plans will consist of task lists, Gantt charts, and other necessary planning documents. Plans should be well thought out, actionable, reasonable and professionally presented.
- Manage the scope, schedule and budget of the project and to limit unnecessary change and expansion of scope that may affect each.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience. PMP/PgMP certification.
9 years' experience in a project management environment
Special Skill Requirement
Project or equivalent Project Management software, MS Office (Excel, Word, etc.) Manage project teams in matrix organization reporting structure,
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Business Change/Project Management
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: New Markets Project Manager
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 190005E9