Farmers Insurance Personal Lines Countrywide Product Manager in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
- * In business since 1928, today at Farmers we proudly serve more than 10 million households across all 50 states. Our experience provides a rich history of service and strong customer relationships, while our focus on innovation, technology, and entrepreneurship helps us to stay creative and drive the evolution of the insurance industry. Farmers Insurance Exchange®, the largest of the three primary insurers that make up Farmers Insurance, is recognized as one of the largest U.S. companies on the 2017 Fortune 500 list.
At Farmers, we understand that every encounter with customers is an opportunity to differentiate ourselves with our personalized service and have an overall positive impact on their lives. We pride ourselves on helping the individuals and businesses we serve become smarter and better prepared to protect the things that matter most to them.
As a Product Manager you are responsible for managing all aspects of the Personal Lines insurance products within your assigned state(s). You will assess key drivers of profitability, growth, and monitor the competitive landscape to evolve the products in your state(s) to meet both customer and business needs. You will work closely with cross functional partners including sales, service, underwriting, claims, information technology, as well as compliance and legal to deliver products that generate profitable growth.
Will be a key member of the Countrywide Product Team focusing on initiatives driver profitable growth in assigned line of business (auto, home, or umbrella)
A successful candidate will think strategically and analytically to guide product strategy, and execute impeccably to ensure product and process improvements are delivered on time, to the highest quality.
WhatYou Will Do:
- Responsible for developing short and long term plans with sales counterparts to achieve profitable growth
- Direct development of pricing, contract, and underwriting changes for products
- Lead data analysis and discovery with analytics team to inform product improvements and advise on business priorities
- Develop and recommend underwriting, service, claims, and market priorities while keeping track of industry developments
- Negotiate and set priorities to align product and distribution profitable growth goals
- Work with IT partners to develop requirements for new products and system enhancements
- Communicate with regulators on complex regulatory and filing issues
- Collaborate with industry groups and regulatory affairs to provide input on legislation
- Support departmental efforts to recruit, train and develop analysts
- This role is both strategic and operational, and does not have direct reports
WhatWe Are Looking For:
- Quantitative and qualitative candidate that is able to quickly assess and understand complex topics, but also represent Product Management to the rest of the organization
- Goal driven, detail-oriented, and a highly organized, strategic thinker with a passion for data- driven decision making, who can define a long-term strategy in addition to delivering impeccable execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication and natural problem solving ability
- Capable of working in an open and collaborative environment, and ability to make customer- centered decisions that will also benefit the goals of the organization
A Successful Candidate:
- Will seamlessly prioritize and collaborate with cross-functional partners; balancing short-term wins with long-term strategy appropriately
- Demonstrates tenacity, resilience, and leadership experience that enables them to organize and lead projects, overcome challenges, and propose solutions
- Is a highly motivated self-starter that is curious and always wanting to learn more
- Can listen and understand that the best ideas can come from anywhere and foster a culture of innovation that leads to the best products
High school diploma required. Four-year college degree preferably in business, finance, mathematical or statistical field. MBA/Graduate degree or CPCU preferred.
- * 6 years of product management, product strategy experience or similar role, or Graduate degree and less than 6 years of experience in similar role. Insurance products, pricing, strategy strongly preferred.
Benefits and Perks
· 401K savings plan including company match
· Generous paid time off
· Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
· Health and wellness benefits
· Flexible spending account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
· Tuition reimbursement
Office Location: Woodland Hills, CA, Independence OH, Wilmington, DE
*Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Strategic Management & Administration
Title: Personal Lines Countrywide Product Manager
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 1900023H
Other Locations: United States-Delaware-Wilmington, United States-Ohio-Independence