Farmers Insurance Premium Audit Analyst - Unit Statistical Reporting in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
- Processes manual and mechanically rated physical and voluntary payroll audits for P&C and/or Workers’ Compensation policies.
- Assists in the Commercial Underwriting function by performing tasks that requires a degree of underwriting judgment as set forth in the letter of underwriting authority.
- This also includes knowledge of bureau rates, rules and forms as set forth in the various bureau manuals.
Essential Job Functions
- Computes and processes premium audits, refunds, commissions, dividends, accounts receivable and experience modifications and other policy transactions.
- Determines premium accuracy, rate class, or change in exposure base from audit reports or other referrals and initiates necessary premium adjustments or changes.
- Prepares instructions for issuance of payroll audits and corresponding endorsements.
- Codes statistical information, prepares worksheets, and key enters data.
- Corresponds with agents, insureds and vendors to obtain missing information to complete payroll audits; explains audit computations and adjustments to agents and insureds and processes revised audits as necessary.
- Communicates with audit companies to clarify audit information and verify status of audit completion.
- Expedites priority transactions and maintains diary controls as necessary.
- Uses the Commercial Accounts System and EasyPay to determine policy and billing status.
- Reviews and clears overdue audit reports received from the NCCI or state bureaus.
- Processes account breakdowns in order to prepare files for assignment to collections agencies and litigation. Performs other functions as assigned.
- Required understanding of Workers' Compensation Insurance
- Ability to multi-task and organize time properly to meet deadlines
Required job duties include sedentary work as well as some or all of the following physical activities; lifting and/or carrying 40-lbs (suitcases, projectors, handouts, laptop computer, etc.), seeing, speaking, hearing (via telephone), keyboarding, viewing computer terminals, ten-key, walking, standing and occasional operation of a motor vehicle.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment, with occasional job duties performed in company car, airplane, hotels and various physical sites dictated by travel that are not always in a climate controlled environment.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Two years Commercial experience preferred
Special Skill Requirement
* Technical expertise in commercial. Knowledge of management information and business systems (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access). * Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated presentation skills. * Analytical thinking skills to make timely, appropriate decisions and recommendations after reviewing all relevant information.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Strategic Management & Administration
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Premium Audit Analyst - Unit Statistical Reporting
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 190001KJ