Farmers Insurance Program Manager I (QA Lead/Tester) in Woodland Hills, California
*We are Farmers! **
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check outfarmers.com/careersand be sure to follow us onInstagramandLinkedIn!
* Manages a small group of staff with standard tasks
* Plans and controls day to day project tasks and budgets
* Adheres to IT governance
* Manages relationship with immediate environment, enabling commitment
* Works with business unit to define needs and arranges appropriate resources
* Coordinates delivery of work from all suppliers for a small scale or sub-project, facilitating issue resolution, reviews/approves vendor invoices
* Accountable for development of work orders/cost estimates to/from suppliers, Acceptance Criteria, and User Acceptance Testing
* Responsible for project level planning, monitoring and reporting.
Essential Job Functions
* People Focus: Leads a very small group of specialists who perform standard tasks.
* Carries out managerial tasks such as resource management, development, talent management, performance management, compensation, retention, replacement and termination
* Planning Controlling: Oversees the planning and controlling of a single task / project on a day-to-day basis including project budget Business Results
* Develops project concepts, creates plans and oversees implementation of business solutions of simple to moderate complexity Governance: Adheres to organizational governance
* Relationship Management: Interacts with business and IT partners within the immediate environment to foster commitment and teamwork
* Coordinates delivery of work from all suppliers involved in a small scale / sub-project
* Facilitates issue resolution
* Reviews and approves vendor invoices/expenditures Works with business unit to define critical business needs and arranges appropriate resources
* Is accountable for work request evaluation and authorization, development and submission of work orders, as well as review of cost estimates from the suppliers
* Is accountable for Acceptance Criteria and execution of Acceptance Testing at program level
* Is responsible for project level planning, monitoring and reporting on project performance Signs off on project deliverables
* Performs internal project close down
* Conducts Post-Implementation Reviews Liaisons with the Application Architecture team, ISP, third parties, as necessary Performs as the team lead / supervisor, where assigned
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
Level I: 3 years of experience in an IT environment
Special Skill Requirement * Experience with Selenium or any other test automation tools * Ability to manage/coordinate testing across multiple business units and physical locations * Excellent written and oral communication skills in local language * May require occasional traveling regionally or globally Level-1 * Able to give information in English and passively participate in team meetings. * Understands routine business conversations and letters and is able to communicate with few errors. Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Program Manager I (QA Lead/Tester)
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 2000027J