Farmers Insurance Program Manager III - Woodland Hills, CA in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Manages staff, including other program managers; Plans and controls day to day project activities and budgets; Implements IT governance; Manages customer relationships, enabling commitment; Works with business unit to define needs and arranges appropriate resources; Coordinates delivery of work from all suppliers for multiple projects / programs, including risk, quality, change management, schedule, and financial management; Accountable for work development of work orders/cost estimates to/from suppliers, Acceptance Criteria and User Acceptance Testing; Monitors and manages achievement of SLA with suppliers and ISP; Coordinates communication, escalation, and financial impact management, when SLAs are not met.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates delivery of work from all suppliers involved in a small scale / sub-project; Facilitates issue resolution
- Reviews and approves vendor invoices/expenditures Works with business unit to define critical business needs and arranges appropriate resources
- Is accountable for work request evaluation and authorization, development and submission of work orders, as well as review of cost estimates from the suppliers
- Is accountable for Acceptance Criteria and execution of Acceptance Testing at program level
- Is responsible for project level planning, monitoring and reporting on project performance Signs off on project deliverables
- Performs internal project close down; Conducts Post-Implementation
- Reviews Liaisons with the Application Architecture team, ISP, third parties, as necessary Performs as the team lead / supervisor, where assigned
- Is responsible for the delivery of large scale projects to the business including risk, quality, and change management, system dependency touch points, schedule and financial management
- Performs as the administrative manager of retained staff including business analysts, Subject Matter Experts, and Support Services staff
- Is responsible for the delivery of multiple projects / programs to the business including risk, quality, and change management, system dependency touch points, schedule and financial management
- Monitors and manages achievement of SLAs with suppliers and ISP, as they pertain to his/her respective area(s)
- Coordinates communication, escalation, and financial impact management, when SLAs are not met
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 5 years in an IT environment, including 2 years in a managerial role or 1 year as a Program Manager II
Special Skill Requirement
- May require occasional traveling regionally
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to actively take part in meetings and conferences and communicate effectively
- Capable of composing reports and technical explanations.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Program Manager III - Woodland Hills, CA
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 190001OC