Farmers Insurance Project Manager II in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
- Project Manager II is responsible for managing the overall execution of new, fast-paced, diverse, critical, strategic projects from initiation through post-implementation, primarily focusing on quality, cost, and schedule.
- These projects involve significant return and risk to the company, have approved budgets (IT and/or business), include multiple functions/departments, involve major IT efforts, impact agents and customers (directly or indirectly), and contain complex business, legal or regulatory issues.
- They can also involve multiple phases or work streams within the project. Position involves managing direct staff as assigned.
- May have Project Managers reporting up within a matrix reporting structure, as part of a project team.
This position requires interaction with executives and other personnel throughout the organization, an understanding of business and strategy across the enterprise, and a focus on strong leadership, critical thinking, facilitating issue resolution and timely decision making.
Essential Job Functions
Manage successful execution of large-scale, multi-functional projects to support strategic initiatives across enterprise, in partnership with business leadership.
- Establish and manage a project team (including its reporting/organizational structure) and define roles and responsibilities of the team members.
- Integrate all team members and multi-functional departments, to ensure collaboration and alignment, with occasional guidance from leadership and peers.
- Develop comprehensive project, communication, and change management plans.
- Effectively manage the project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Effectively manage or mitigate project issues and risk.
- Identify key project metrics and establish process to measure/report results.
Supervise, support, train, coach, develop, and evaluate staff as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
PMP certification preferred.
5 years' experience in a project management environment
Special Skill Requirement
Expertise in Project Management related software and applications, including MS Project, and the MS Office suite of products (Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, etc.).
Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Strategic Management & Administration
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Project Manager II
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 190006Y4