Farmers Insurance Senior ETL Developer (Microsoft SQL Server or Informatica) in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Essential Job Functions:
- Work under the direction of reporting manager on the successful delivery of Business Intelligence projects, enhancements and defects.
- Independently lead and deliver new projects and enhancements.
- Prepare estimates based on high-level requirements and assumptions.
- Interface with Business and Business Analysts to understand functional requirements.
- Translate functional requirements into technical specifications for ETL development; develop source-to-target mappings and actively manage Development, Unit Testing and Implementation efforts.
- Troubleshoot production defects, perform root cause analysis and provide guidance to team on the fixes
- Ensure the SLA for all production loads are met and able to communicate any delays/issues to business efficiently and timely.
- Review design, code and migration objects for smooth project delivery.
Work with Data Governance team to ensure data quality.
*Education Requirements: *Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience.
*Experience Requirements: *
5 years of experience in developing ETL and reporting applications using Microsoft SQL Server or Informatica.
- Experienced in facilitating in-person and remote meetings with business & IT resources.
- Experienced in effective management of multiple competing and frequently changing assignments and priorities.
- Should have good understanding of DW/BI concepts and terminology.
Should have experience in production support activities.
Special Skill Requirements:
Good written and oral skills in local language.
- Strong experience in a BI/Data Warehouse environment with involvement in design, development, implementation, troubleshooting and support of ETL process using MS SQL Server(SSIS) or Informatica.
- Experience in developing Data Marts, Data warehousing and Operational Data Store (ODS) on MS SQL Server or DB2 or Hadoop environments.
- Extensive knowledge of business intelligence best practices, processes, and methodologies.
- Excellent programming experience in writing Complex Stored Procedures, Queries, Views, User Defined Functions, Cursors and Common Table Expressions using SQL or T-SQL.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization by Indexing, Partitioning and Denormalization..
- Experience in DB administration is a plus.
- Highly committed, motivated, enthusiastic and a natural team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) and ability to interact with and effectively address concerns.
- Excellent prioritization, time management, analytical, and organization skills - able to determine what needs to be done and gets it done.
- Experience in P&C Insurance Industry, preferred.
- Experience with SQL Server database administration, preferred.
- Team Foundation Server experience or any version control and scheduling tools like Autosys etc, preferred.
Experience working in an Agile Environment, preferred.
Internal Title: App SME II
/Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce./
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Senior ETL Developer (Microsoft SQL Server or Informatica)
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 1900007P