Farmers Insurance Senior Specialist, Corporate Social Responsibility in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn !
What You’ll Need
- 3 years’ experience in the areas of community/public affairs, community relations and/ or corporate social responsibility required.
- 3 years of relevant nonprofit and/or community relations experience preferred
- 3 years’ experience in corporate philanthropy, charitable giving, and/ or community engagement
- Large project management experience
High school diploma or equivalent required/ Bachelor’s degree preferred.
What You’ll Do
This role is responsible for assisting in the management and administration of the Farmers Insurance Group of Companies philanthropic community relations and sustainability activities. This includes supporting the Program Manager with national charities enterprise wide, local community based organizations, and Farmers Community Champion leads while closely working with executives, employees and community based-organizations.
Acts as ambassador for Farmers Insurance community outreach programs and assists with volunteer coordination and logistics.
- Attend various conferences as required or necessary.
- Oversees the content of the Community Relations and sustainability websites, including Farmers Today, Farmers.com, and Agency Dashboard.
Supports other business units throughout the organization as needed with volunteer opportunities on an ad hoc basis.
Actively participates in the execution and maintenance of the corporate sustainability plans. Researches, organizes, and presents information on sustainability to share best practices and new information with key stakeholders.
Is responsible to act as a subject matter expert within the grant and volunteer portal.
- Update and post news articles in alignment with Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities
- Review and approve pending volunteer opportunities from both internal and external sources.
- Review and approve volunteer time submissions from all employees’ enterprise wide.
- Responsible for ad-hoc reporting to line of business contacts and/or CSR team.
Acts as an internal point of contact for all employees to assist with volunteer page set-up.
Builds internal and external Farmers brand awareness.
- Creates innovative ideas to improve processes within the department.
- Conducts research and remains current on industry best practices.
- Acts as thought partner or consultant to Program Manager.
Leads the Farmers Cares Community Corps at the national level. Develops, coordinates, manages and leads local community events.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Strategic Management & Administration
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Senior Specialist, Corporate Social Responsibility
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 2000003X