Farmers Insurance Senior Technology Manager for Data Privacy in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
The Senior Manager for Data Privacy will have responsibility for implementing data management best practices supporting consumer privacy policies and strategies within Farmers. This entails cross-functional relationship management through influence, enabling commitment and arrange appropriate resourcing; plan and control day to day project activities and budgets; understand defined privacy needs; coordinate communication and escalations as appropriate, and track impact management.
Essential Job Functions
This is an exciting new role in the Farmers data organization. You will be working at the forefront of data management framework and process in support of consumer privacy.
Excellent critical thinking skills are the most essential asset for this position. You will be responsible for implementing the Data and IT consumer data privacy roadmap to meet current and future consumer privacy regulations. Establish governance and controls around the data inventory and leading the data catalog implementation and adoption across Farmers.
You will need to have strong communication skills and be extremely detail oriented to collaborate with business and IT stakeholders work processes and communicating changes. Effective program management abilities will be necessary in order to successfully oversee multiple business initiatives and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
You should be an organized, critical thinker with strong analytical skills. You will be required to work with a variety of people from executives to development staff to external parties, so you will need to have strong interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to forge and maintain relationships. You will need to have a grasp of the data and IT landscape to collaborate with technical personnel and work process owners to utilize data collection strategies to enhance business operations, oversee viability studies to determine the effectiveness, including cost, of possible solutions to organizational weaknesses.
*Education Requirements: *High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Drive specific key actions within the data management privacy realm with a lens on developing the program to facilitate common approaches to be extensible with new regulatory requirements.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to ideate and problem solve actively with stakeholders, especially when managing areas of risk in emerging law.
- Ability to simplify strategy into simple actions to develop and drive clear processes to identify, understand, and treat data as an enterprise asset.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, with a solution oriented mindset and able to develop innovative solutions in a collaborative environment to issues.
- Proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity – escalates/engages teams as appropriate.
- Entrepreneurial attitude with focus on goals while exhibiting personal integrity and a focus on the customer.
- Good working knowledge of the value of delivering insights through data and analytics.
- Strong project management skills including collaboration, consultative facilitation, risk analysis, prioritization and project planning.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing. Ability to communicate to a wide spectrum of cross-functional team members to solve complex issues.
- Ability to function independently and within a team with minimal supervision, demonstrating excellent judgment, attention to process and detail.
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications and technologies.
- Curious, not afraid to dig deep into issues or processes to gain a deep understanding.
Working knowledge and experience in software tool roll-outs and training.
Special Skill Requirement
Minimum of 6 years of team leadership experience and cross-functional influence.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience communicating to senior organizational leaders.
- 2 years privacy and/or compliance experience preferred.
- Familiarity with U.S. and international privacy laws and standards, such as HIPAA, CCPA, GDPR is preferred.
Strong MS Office skills are a must.
HR Title: Program Manager III
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Senior Technology Manager for Data Privacy
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 190001OA