Farmers Insurance Sr. Full Stack Java Developer in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Designs and develops computer programs and monitors the work of junior staff to ensure accuracy of program logic and efficient use of computer resources; performs preliminary evaluation of packaged software; conducts system studies, analyzes and evaluates existing manual and computerized systems / procedures to improve efficiency, develops techniques for automating processes as appropriate; conducts Rough Order of Magnitude on application enhancements; determines the need for system security, backup/recovery, data conversion, etc. and makes recommendations; manages system development projects and supports the implementation activities and training, as required; works with business and responds to Production Support issues as necessary.
Essential Job Functions
- Expert inunderstanding of Web application architecture
- Designing, developing, modifying, testing and debugging Java/J2EE applications
- Develop real-time web service and near real time message based integrations.
- Working within a development team using Agile methodology.
- Handling the responsibility of organizing code merges and environment management tasks.
- Take directions from the Technical Lead to create technical designs, document technical specifications and develop code adhering to standards and best practices
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) and trusted adviser with an excellent understanding of end to end functional and technical processes Physical Actions
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
- 8 years of web based java development experience.
- Strong experience with Java/J2EE programming.
- Strong experience with J2EE Application Servers, XML/Web Services/ RDBMS.
- Knowledge of DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Maven is a must.
- Mule and IBM Integration Bus Experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Personal Lines Insurance domain is preferred.
- Guidewire PolicyCenter experience is a plus.
- May require occasional travelling.
- Good written and oral skills in local language.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Sr. Full Stack Java Developer
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 180009RY