Farmers Insurance Strategic Initiatives Project Manager - Woodland Hills, CA in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
- Responsible for all aspects of medium to complex projects that could involve IT integrations with risk exposure and Sr. Executive sponsorship.
- Manages, plans and coordinates activities of projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within agreed timeframe and funding/budget.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frames, funding limitations, vendor accountabilities, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements and other resource phases of the project.
- Works to identify and manage vendors to assure compliance to business requirements, project’s goals, and objectives.
Essential Job Functions
- Document how the project scope will be defined, managed, controlled, verified and communicated to the project team and stakeholders/ customers.
- A detailed project plan is created that will include all work required to complete the project.
- Conducts project meetings and is responsible for providing agendas and meeting minutes.
- Makes necessary presentations and obtains appropriate approvals where needed.
- Will create a Risk Plan which lists all foreseeable risks, the preventative and contingent actions, along with a process for tracking them.
- Ensure completion and follow through of assigned projects to ensure all requirements are met in a timely, controlled and quality manner.
- Will work with the business on an ROI analysis documenting and evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of a process, system or other change and work with the business to get approval.
- Will put together a Resource Plan outlining the level of resources needed to complete a project. This includes labor, equipment (hardware, software, etc.) and materials needed to complete the project.
- Outlines Roles and Responsibilities so that we have the right people, on the right tasks, at the right time.
- Works with the business on a Communication Plan which facilitates effective and efficient communications with the various audiences having a major stake in the project including the front line employees impacted by the change. It describes target audiences, content, method and frequency.
- Puts together a Training Plan which outlines training that will take place during the course of the project.
- Creates a Transition Plan which documents the hand off of the project to the business. It includes timing, ownership transfer, and warranty follow-up.
- Helps the business with Change Management and how to manage change, involve the employees in change and explain the “why” behind the change.
- Four-year college degree required.
- Completion of, or actively pursuing a major insurance designation, or actively pursuing insurance related courses is preferred.
- PMP Certification preferred but will accept commensurate experience.
- External candidates should have a minimum of five (5) years of prior business experience. (The same time-on-job requirement is preferred for internal candidates.)
- 5 years related experience in project management, idea generation and development is preferred.
Special Skill Requirement
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Communicates clearly and concisely with credibility and confidence.
- Excels in creating communication plans and correspondence that looks professional and addresses key points.
- Demonstrates strong presentation skills.
- Excellent computer skills including proficient knowledge of MS applications – Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Novus, etc.
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Strategic Management & Administration
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Strategic Initiatives Project Manager - Woodland Hills, CA
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 1800006M