Farmers Insurance Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Manager in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
The Sourcing Manager will be responsible for managing the end to end sourcing process, including RFx (Request for Information, Request for Proposals, etc.) execution, operational stakeholder management, sub category plan execution assistance, and high complexity contracting efforts with limited leadership oversight. They will act as the single point of contact for operational stakeholders and external vendors. The Sourcing Manager will perform routine contract renewals, change orders, and manage stakeholder request using Coupa, as well as ad-hoc reporting, analysis, and present findings in support of Strategic Sourcing Procurement leadership.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage the end to end sourcing process including leading requirements definition discussions with operational stakeholders and budget owners, and RFx development execution such as, scorecard development, stakeholder scoring analysis, vendor risk management coordination, and all external vendor communications.
- Act as primary point of contact for operational stakeholders throughout the sourcing process.
- Leverage professional sourcing experience to assist in the execution of the subcategory plan, specifically the sourcing activity (RFx, business term negotiation, contracting) resulting from the successful execution of category and subcategory management by the team.
- Take lead navigating the business unit and external supplier through the sourcing process.
- Lead and manage negotiations for high complexity contract requests (Master Service Agreements (MSA), Non Disclosure Agreements (NDA), Amendments, Statements of Work (SOW), Work Orders (WO)), independently, with little guidance from leadership.
Support leadership team in preparing ad-hoc, project based RFx presentation materials (business recommendations, savings projections) for budget owners and department heads including in depth analyses driven by business unit requests.
Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, or related field required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Five years experience in a strategic sourcing, procurement, or purchasing role required
Special Skill Requirement
Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Compelling influencing and persuasion skills
- Effective project management and change management skills
- Demonstrated consulting and problem solving skills
- Self-starter, able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Results oriented
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Strategic Management & Administration
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Manager
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 180006FO