Hilton Food and Beverage Manager - Hilton York in York, United Kingdom
AtHilton York, guests can choose from one of two restaurants to dine in both offering different dining experiences.With fine food and breath taking views of Clifford's Tower then our guests can join us inTower's Restaurant and bar.Our second Restaurant,AppleJacksis an American themed sports bar and diner offering a more informal setting serving cocktails, lunch and dinner.
We’re also the perfect city centre location formeetings, conferences & special events.From small business meetings or lavish celebrations, Hilton York can meet every need; special occasions are our main event. With eight meeting/conference rooms, flexible layout options are available from 2-200.
Why join the Hilton family as a Food & Beverage Manager?
·“It’s your world”– This is an excellent opportunity for someone aspiring to become a Deputy Manager in the next 18 months in one of our 150 hotels in the UK & Ireland, or pursue worldwide opportunities in more than 100 countries!
·Personal Development programmes for Managers
·Worldwide travel perks - discounted hotel rates with the GO HILTON travel plan and 50% F&B discounts
·Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover, and high street discounts
·28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
·MIC Bonus Scheme
Watch the video to understand what it’s like to work in the Food & Beverage department with Hilton.
What will I be doing?
- Manage all Food and Beverage Outlets operations – Applejack’s Sports Bar & Diner, Tower’s Restaurant and Bar, Conference & Events Operations and In-Room Dining
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Food and Beverage team
- Work within budgeted guidelines in relation to Food, Liquor Costs and Payroll
- Set departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures
- Develop menus with other members of Food and Beverage team
- Accountable for monthly stock takes
- Incentivise team members to maximize sales and revenue
- Carry out annual and mid-year appraisals with Managers under your responsibility
- Evaluate guest satisfaction levels with a focus on continuous improvement
- Effectively conduct productive communication meetings with the team & ensure follow up
- Creating awareness of trends and well thought through ideas to build on the range & quality of the department
- Provide effective leadership to the teams to ensure targets are met & exceeded both for the hotel & for our teams to fully 'Thrive at Hilton'
What are we looking for?
A passionate, driven & committed professional with a desire to lead & succeed, with a strong focus on the team.Team culture at this property is a key focus throughout, and has been championed our GM and Head of Department team.This recently culminated in Hilton York winning thePeople and Culture Awardfor the UK regions at Hilton’s latest national awards, beating competition from more than 60 Hilton establishments outside of London. Specifically, we are looking for:
• Strong knowledge of the F&B management, operational sector
• An evidential record of success in Food & Beverage, including Conference and Events, specifically the ability to deliver profit, control costs, and build team & customer loyalty
• Exceptional communication skills at all levels
• Genuine & effective leadership skills to maintain & continue to build on our winning team
• Multiple outlet operations experience in a managerial position at this level
• Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
• A warmth of personality & the ability to engage with all
To apply for this role
· We are looking to fill this job as soon as possible and aim to come back to you within the next 2 weeks. If you are successful, you will be invited for one or more interviews and asked to complete a psychometric test
·In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage
Job: Food and Beverage
Title: Food and Beverage Manager - Hilton York
Requisition ID: HOT05DLJ