Industrial Maintenance Electrician V
Amentum is seeking an Industrial Maintenance Electrical Technician V - Journeyman to join our operations & maintenance team.
This position is responsible for acting as a subject matter expert as a qualified Industrial Electrician: troubleshooting, installation, and documenting the electrical and control needs of facility switch gear, breaker panels, lighting, and process equipment in an industrial environment. This is not a helper position. This position is directly responsible for maintaining and assisting site engineering teams to meet site electrical needs.
- Maintain current and future plant electrical systems.
- Support plant electrical expansion projects
- Must be able to adhere to Federal, State and Local electrical code and be familiar with NFPA70e.
- Assist in designing electrical systems.
- Repair all plant electrical items
- Work alongside Electrical service company, engineers, and plant leadership to ensure local grid is functioning at peak capacity.
- May be required to maintain and improve control systems, install electrical sub panels/services, and buss plugs.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs process/production machines, equipment, and related electrical equipment, such as electrical control circuits from instrumentation devices, PLCs / ladder logic controllers, and variable frequency drives as necessary.
- Effectively communicates with the site management team and the customer to understand requirements, solve complex electrical problems, and provide solutions to manufacturing problems.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures.
- Procures parts from crib systems, OEM, or authorized vendors.
- Identifies and documents cost savings.
- Utilizes strong electrical skills in order to complete assignments.
- Creates and modifies site operations procedures for equipment and recommends facilities reliability improvements.
- Provides instruction, mentors, and trains less skilled technicians as needed.
- Performs preventive maintenance on process/production equipment as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Recommends activities to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations. Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule to be successful in the assignment yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Exhibits strong leadership skills, such as motivation, delegation, ownership, leading by example, well-developed organizational skills, excellent communication skills, etc.
- Promotes and adheres to the Amentum Safety Structure.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor
- Assist with Root Cause Analysis.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Current Oregon State Electrical License (Journeyman) or a reciprocal Journeyman License from Oregon.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment background check and substance abuse test.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- 6 years’ experience as an electrician in an industrial environment, maintenance shop or manufacturing facility.
- Experience with repair on electrical equipment in an industrial environment or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate the strong organizational/time management skills needed to be successful in this role.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
- Requires the ability to climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs as needed during a workday.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat, kneel, reach/stretch, and move in a 90-degree fashion during workday.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other Amentum, customer and/or vendor locations in the area.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings, and presentations.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats, and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing industrial production systems such as switchgear, MCC’s, and Capacitor banks.
- Experience working around chemicals, precision equipment and highly regulated materials and equipment.
- Experience trouble shooting complex electrical systems.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing pumps, motors, gearboxes, supply and exhaust fans, power transmission components.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing cranes and hoists.
- Experience utilizing measurement tools such as micrometers, dial indicators, various type gauges, and calibers to set tolerances to OEM Specifications.