Recruiter / Hiring Specialist
Recruiter / Hiring Specialist (Job Number: 2219225 )1100 N. 43rd Ave., , Phoenix, AZ, 85043
Why join Penske as a Hiring Specialist for our Technician Hiring Center, you ask? It’s simple. You will be the "voice" of Penske - the person greeting our technician candidates via phone and sending them off with a smile. This exciting role will work in our hiring center and support operations across the United States and Canada. You will work as a part of a team who is committed to ensuring a high-touch, personal approach with technician candidates.
In this role, you will have responsibility for sourcing candidates from our recruiting tools and managing applications who apply, interviewing, making hiring decisions, and extending job offers. You will interact with candidates and our field operations managers via phone and electronic correspondence.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about discussing careers that can change lives, building relationships over the phone, have high energy and a positive attitude, and who have an attention to detail and capacity to deliver results. In this role you will need to be proficient in the use of technology, being able to capture candidate information via phone while managing multiple screen computer applications.You will work with an awesome team, reporting to supervisors and managers of our hiring center, and regularly collaborating with field peers and managers of our 750 truck maintenance facilities across the country.
Lead Sourcing and Management:
- Actively source and manage candidate leads via inbound and outbound calls, e-mail, social media, resume and other internet databases, and associate referrals.
- After qualifying candidates, you will present them the total value proposition and benefits of working with Penske, and discuss the details of available technician career opportunities.
- You will accurately capture and manage driver information in our lead capture system, Salesforce.com.
- For candidate leads that may not currently meet our requirements or have interest in current openings, you will use our systems and processes to keep them engaged for the future.
Application Completion and Candidate Management:
- Take phone applications from qualified driver leads, accurately capturing their information into Penske’s application systems.
- Ensure all applications are fully complete and accurate per company and DOT requirements.
- Manage candidates in our application system, currently Taleo Enterprise, in accordance with all company procedures.
Phone Screening and Selection:
- Conduct phone and/or video interviews with qualified candidates, utilizing Penske’s selection process and tools as directed.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all candidates meet minimum qualifications.
- The hiring decisions you make have a direct impact on our business operations and external customer success.
- Scheduling meet and greet/manager introduction sessions between the candidates you provided contingent offers to.
Recruiting Administration and Coordination:
- Ensure compliance with all federal/state hiring laws and regulations.
- Actively demonstrate company commitment to diversity and inclusion strategies to ensure strong, diverse candidate slates.
- Manage a timely candidate process within Penske’s expected thresholds.
- Expediting and ensuring all new leads, candidate follow-up, and internal customer follow-up are executed with priority. Return all messages before leaving work each day.
- Manage the candidate processes such providing offer letters and initiating background screening services through a third-party.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- At least 2 years of prior work experience in one of the following is required:
-Part of a recruiting function.
-In a call center where you were responsible for making decisions.
-In a customer facing retail environment where you were responsible for making decisions.
-In a role where you managed or hired skilled trades workers.
- Experience interviewing and hiring highly preferred.
- Prior demonstrated experience using computer programs such as including Microsoft Office, sales or contact information software, internet search, and social media required.
- Ability to listen, type, and accurately capture information simultaneously required.
- Prior responsibility for accurately following processes and procedures required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or, equivalent years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of transportation industry is a plus.
- Bilingual Spanish or French-Canadian preferred
- Ability to interact, in a professional manner with applicants and other associates
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with keen attention to detail for documenting/record keeping
- Multitasking is necessary, as is the ability to plan and organize workload. Must be flexible to handle pressure and work with interruptions.
- Ability to work independently; show initiative and be a self-starter.
- Ability to learn new programs quickly is preferred.
- Willing to work in a fast-paced environment with defined performance metrics.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- There may be times during candidate availability, special projects, critical peak workload, where some flexibility to hours on evenings and weekends may be necessary.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Transportation Recruiter, Technician Recruiter, Recruiting Assistant, Recruiting Coordinator, Recruiter, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Work Locations :1100 N. 43rd Ave. 1100 N. 43rd Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85043
Primary Location : United States-Arizona-Phoenix
Job : Human Resources
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Hiring Specialist
Req ID: 2219225