General Manager, Warehousing & Logistics
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with the FirstEnergy Service Company, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp.[SC00]
The General Manager, Supply Chain Material Operations, provides leadership and oversite for FirstEnergy’s Supply Chain Material Operations Western Distribution Center. The general manager provides leadership to the warehousing and field logistics functions, which ensures the movement and accuracy of material to support efficient and effective operations. This individual guides the Western Distribution Center leadership team in developing, implementing and maintaining policies and processes to ensure the acquisition and timely flow of materials.
The position reports to the Director, Material Operations of Supply Chain. The preferred location is Ohio but can be sited within the FirstEnergy service territory in PA, WV, MD, or NJ.
- Promotes safety of staff in all aspects of work and enforces FE safety policies and practices as prescribed in the Accident Prevention Handbook. Understand business initiatives and contributes to the overall performance of FEU in safety, reliability, customer service, financial performance, and employee development.
- Manages the overall workplan and budget development for staffing and inventory, including monthly monitoring of each to ensure that productivity and financial goals are met.
- Develops inventory programs that will effectively support the goals of FE without jeopardizing operational requirements.
- Directs the interactions among Regional Operations, Engineering and Supply Chain to ensure goals of each organization are coordinated with respect to material needs and logistics.
- Monitors key metrics and works towards improving efficiency for operational cost improvements.
- Interprets labor agreements, thoroughly understands and applies labor agreements, HR policies and other company regulations fairly and equitably for all employees.
- Ensures adherence to all corporate policies and procedures.
- Responsible for multi-million-dollar inventory required to support operations
- Leading responses for material and logistics for FirstEnergy during emergency situations in Western Distribution Center territory
- The Western Distribution Center territory includes Toledo Edison, Illuminating Company, Ohio Edison, Penn Power and five Penelec service centers
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 7 years of related work experience. In lieu of degree, a minimum 10 years of related work experience is required. Related work experience includes warehousing, materials management and operational logistics management. An advanced degree in a related field or discipline is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of warehousing, logistics and inventory management practices.
- Minimum 3 years of bargaining unit experience is required; track record of facilitating agreements with union leadership.
- Highly driven, self-motivated and enthusiastic leader capable of setting strategy, communicating and motivating workforces toward positive change and process improvement.
- Strong knowledge of inventory accounting, controls and FERC requirements
- Excellent leadership facilitation skills
- Ability to make accurate decisions and demonstrate sound judgement
- Results oriented to meet budget and key performance indicators; demonstrate ability to lead a team to achieve business objectives
- Experience with multiple labor agreements a plus
- Extensive knowledge of Warehousing/Supply Chain, the SAP MM system and related operational transactions
- Proficient computer skills and working knowledge of CREWS, Microsoft products
- Will be a self-starter and function independently
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to manage a team, delegate tasks, and provide guidance to team members
- Appreciation for FirstEnergy’s core values and behaviors along with demonstrated experience, mindset, and strong disposition toward transparency; unassailable integrity and trustworthiness
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team